This easy baked salmon is sure to be a family dinner winner! Flaky, moist and covered in a Parmesan and herb crust.
I’m bringing you another recipe using my favorite fish, salmon!
I say another because I think I have almost thirty salmon recipes available in my recipe index, just search “salmon” in the sidebar if you love it as much as I do!
And I just realized that I posted my six favorite salmon recipes a week ago! My bad but I couldn’t hold this one back any longer, I wanted to share it with you guys asap!
How to cook baked salmon
Always try and start with a gorgeous piece of salmon, it’ll make a difference. Shoot for wild salmon but don’t stress if you can’t get your hands on it. I like to ask my seafood guy for a middle section if I’m buying a piece of salmon this big, for some reason I always feel like the tail is better avoided (sorry salmon tail lovers). It’ll also cook quicker than the rest of the salmon, thus being drier and we don’t want dry salmon.
We want juicy, flaky easy baked salmon!
This recipe is very simple and can still be prepped ahead of time. Cover the salmon with the crust, seal with plastic wrap and it’s ready to go in the oven when you walk in the door after school/soccer/baseball/dance/and any other activities that could easily fall into this sentence!
And that crust! I like using panko breadcrumbs, they’re easy to find and consistent in size and texture and easier than making your own breadcrumbs.
The only other ingredients you’ll need for this easy baked salmon is fresh rosemary, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
That’s it, only five ingredients!
You can serve this with any other side dish you love, but for me, these roasted thyme brussels sprouts are my go-to’s
Check out these other salmon recipes you might like!
Easy Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust
- 2 pounds salmon filet skin removed is better but not essential
- salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Lay the salmon on the prepared baking pan and season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the Panko breadcrumbs, chopped rosemary, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Generously spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the salmon.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon and place in the oven.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or the fish feels slightly firm when pressed down with your finger.
- Slice into pieces and serve at once with fresh veggies.