Chances are if I go to a restaurant and I see brussels sprouts on the menu, they’ll end up on my plate.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Spread with Yogurt. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s kinda weird because as a kid I’d do everything I could to avoid them. Mushy, dull green and smelly is how I’d have described them 20 years ago.
But definitely not now. I’d change the description to crispy, tasty, deliciously green and not in the slightest smelly, except for an amazing smell of fresh thyme on these! Usually I’ll always roast my sprouts just because it’s so easy and the high temperature keeps the sprouts soft but still with a bite, and turns all those tiny loose leaves charred and crispy.
So what do you say to these healthy veggies tossed in a creamy, buttery spread when they come straight out of the oven? Yup, I combined Brummell and Brown’s new organic buttery spread which is made using plant based oils and organic yogurt with my roasted sprouts.
I swear it looks buttery, tastes buttery, and spreads smoothly, but it’s made with yogurt! Seriously guys, as soon as I tasted it, I knew it would be perfect for my brussels sprouts. For extra flavor, I threw in a lot of chopped fresh thyme with some sea salt and black pepper and called it a day. It really doesn’t need much more than that.
As soon as the sprouts were done, I transferred them to a bowl and added a few small dollops of the thyme infused buttery spread. A couple of quick air tosses and the spread had melted, coating the sprouts and making it almost like a thyme flavored buttery sauce!
So easy, so tasty, and the perfect side dish for any main course.
Here’s some other ideas for the thyme buttery spread just in case brussels sprouts aren’t top of your list for good eats. Just add some to these ideas for a whole new taste.
On a toasted bun for your favorite burger
Melted as a dip for some lobster or crab
Buttery Roasted Thyme Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Brummell and Brown Organic Buttery Spread
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the bottoms from the sprouts and slice in half discarding any outer leaves
- Lay the sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil over them
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes tossing once around halfway cooking
- Combine the Brummel and Brown with the chopped thyme, salt and pepper and refrigerate
- Once the brussels sprouts are cooked transfer them to a bowl and add the buttery thyme spread
- Toss well until the spread has melted
- Serve at once and garnish with some crumbled Cotija cheese on top