These Creamy Chicken Alfredo Waffle Fries are a ridiculously rich and tasty appetizer perfect for any summer party! Pair them with an ice cold Belgian beer.
If I had one messy appetizer choice it would probably be some kind of nacho dish or heavily topped french fry recipe. These Epic Steak Nachos and Loaded Taco Nachos are just a few examples of what I’d serve if I had my own nacho food truck!
As well as regular french fries and crunchy tortilla chips as a base, waffle fries are a great choice. From a design stand I think they might be able to hold more topping, making them better scoopers for any ultimate nacho app. So when I found a bag hiding in my freezer I decided to dress them up a little by covering them with a cheesy Alfredo sauce, chopped grilled chicken and chunks of crispy bacon.
Remember that food truck idea, who wouldn’t buy these, seriously?
Some easy tips for making nachos and waffle fries!
Nobody likes a soggy mess so as much as we love toppings like this creamy chicken Alfredo, it’s a good idea to place a layer of your fries or chips onto the serving dish, followed by some of the toppings and then another layer of fries topped with all the deliciousness! This way, the fries at the bottom still get a fair chance at being covered and the whole dish isn’t just a gloopy mess.
I prefer waffle fries over french fries but if you do go with regular fries, make sure to bake them extra crispy. They’ll soften up slightly after being topped but still be strong enough to scoop!
You can make your sauce ahead of time but don’t cover your chips until the last moment. Anything cheese based has a bad habit of coagulating as it cools.
What about the sauce for these creamy chicken Alfredo fries?
Definitely skip the cheese in a can! It’s so easy to make your own cheese sauce at home and it’ll taste much better. I always start with a super easy Alfredo sauce and add your favorite cheese. Traditionally I’ve used Parmesan for these but everything from a really strong blue cheese to spicy pepper jack would work also. And pro-tip, you might want to double it because even if you run out of fries, everyone will still be looking for the awesome cheese sauce. Grab some bread or extra chips and hey, instant cheese dip! Don’t forget this is a legit pasta sauce too!
Let me know if you make these amazing creamy chicken Alfredo fries or any other recipe by tagging me @foodnessgracious on Instagram!
Here are some other recipes you might like!
- Chorizo French Fry Nachos
- Ahi Tuna Waffle Fries
- Hash brown Waffles with Sausage Gravy
- Pulled Pork Poutine Nachos
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Waffle Fries with Bacon
- 1 pound bag of frozen waffle fries
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs about 4 thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the waffle fries on a baking sheet pan and cook as per the directions on the bag.
- Heat the grill or pan to a high heat and rub the chicken thighs with the olive oil.
- Season with some salt and pepper or your favorite bbq rub and cook until no longer pink in the middle
- In another pan heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil until hot.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the grated Parmesan and butter and continue to simmer until the cheese and butter have melted and the sauce has become slightly thicker.
- season with salt and black pepper.
- Place half of the waffle fries onto your chosen serving dish.
- Using a spoon pour some of the sauce over the fries.
- Roughly chop the chicken into thin strips and add a handful over the fries along with some chopped bacon.
- Place the rest of the fries on top and add the remains sauce, chicken and bacon over the top.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve at once.