Steak Nachos loaded with so many awesome eats like baked beans, a light blue cheese sauce and crunchy tater tots!
This post is sponsored by Sweet Baby Ray’s.
One of the most exciting times of the year is coming up for anyone who loves food! That would be game season, and even if you’re not a die-hard fan of any team you can still hang out in the kitchen and eat all the snacks and amazing bbq that always seems to follow football, right?
Nachos are high up on the list of party foods and for so many good reasons, but steak nachos take things to a whole new level especially when the steak is slathered with Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce! In fact, the sauce is so good, in this recipe, it doesn’t only go on the steak. I added even more sauce to the finished steak nachos.I’d hate for one of your friends to pull a chip from the plate and have no sauce on it, that would be so sad and because the sauce is the boss, it has to own these nachos!
There’s a couple of steps in the recipe that can be made ahead of time so that when game day rolls around, you can get your epic steak nachos on the table asap. Don’t get too comfortable though because they won’t last long and you might have to refill with another round.
Two layers of crispy tortilla chips, grilled steak covered in Sweet Baby Ray’s, grilled onions, baked beans (because bbq), roasted chili’s and crunchy tater tots. Can you believe it with the tater tots? These steak nachos are a meal in themselves and will satisfy the hungriest sports fan! And did I mention the cheese? You can’t have nachos without cheese so I made a creamy Gorgonzola cheese sauce because steak and blue cheese are one of my all-time favorite flavors.
There are so many choices of Sweet Baby Ray’s for you to use and to be honest any of them would work for this recipe. Choosing which flavor is probably the hardest part of making these epic nachos!
Other Nacho recipes you might like!
Epic Steak Nachos with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 1 bottle Original Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 14oz can baked beans
- 2 small cans diced chilis
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1 large bag corn tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven and place the tater tots on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven as per the directions.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a large pan and cook the diced onions for about 10 minutes stirring every so often. Transfer to a plate
- Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter in the same pan and add the flour.
- Whisk until smooth and gradually add the milk whisking all the time until bubbling.
- Add the cheese and whisk again. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your grill and place the steak on the hot grates. Sear the steak for about 3-4 minutes on one side and then our it over and repeat for medium rare.
- Brush the steak generously with the bbq sauce on both sides.
- Transfer the steak to a plate and cover with foil, let rest for a few minutes then slice thinly into small strips.
- Warm the beans in a microwave safe bowl.
- Lay some tortilla chips on a large plate or sheet pan.
- Top with some beans, onion, diced chili, steak, tater tots and cheese sauce.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips and repeat the process until the top layer is full of each ingredient. Serve at once.