There’s a reason why nachos are always in the top ten snacks to make for the Super Bowl. You probably know the reason, nachos..duh. But if you just can’t think of the reason, take a peek below.
Crispy-cheesy-meaty-spicy are all words I’d use in a game of nacho charades.
It all happened when a group of ladies on a shopping trip near the Texas border, tried to get some eats at a restaurant that had just closed. The hotel manager took pity on them and cooked up a snack with the few items he had left in the kitchen. The managers name was, wait for it…Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya.
The nacho was born, and bless those women for sticking to their guns and not trying to find another open restaurant. Their feet must have been hurting so bad. Bravo ladies!
I’ve seen so many different and crazy versions of nachos but for me they must have big whole tortilla chips, treat the bag carefully from the moment you pull it from the shelf because you can’t scoop the cheesy goodness with tortilla shards.
A really cheesy sauce and pickled jalapenos are another need-to-have, followed by guacamole and salsa. Luckily for you, these are available from Sabra. I added a few dollops of the Sabra Guacamole and used Sabra’s Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip to cool down the heat from the jalapeno’s.
I really think you should make these Taco Style Nachos for your Super Bowl party. Do it for Ignacio and the ladies.
Another reason is to score a $5 gift card from Sabra, all you need to do is Buy, Snap, and Score. Check out Dipzone for the rules
Buy 2 Sabra products and 2 bags of Stacy’s Chips before February 15th.
Snap a picture of your booty, the treasure variety, and text “dip” to 811811.
Score the gift card.
Super easy and you’ll have nachos!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Sabra. Compensation was provided and as always all thoughts are my own!
Loaded Taco Style Nachos
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 14oz
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeno's
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Sabra Classic Guacamole
- Sabra Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 whole ripe avocado diced
- Place the beef in a medium pan and cook over a high heat, stirring until no red meat is visible.
- Drain the beef carefully and add the next 6 spices and mix through. Cover with foil and set aside.
- In another pan melt the butter and whisk in the flour for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually whisking after each addition until you have a smooth sauce-like texture.
- Add the grated cheese and whisk until melted. If the sauce seems too thick just add some more milk and keep whisking it to stop it becoming too thick.
- Place the tortilla chips in a deep pan or serving dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the chips.
- Place the taco meat on top, followed by the black beans.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha together and drizzle over the beans.
- Sprinkle the jalapeno's on top.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, Sabra Guacamole, and Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip.
- Add the diced avocado to the edges of the dish and serve at once.
If you need me, I’ll be in this pile of delicious looking nachos for the rest of my life!! AMAZING!!!
These are like everything I need for game day and MORE!!!
These look incredible and would be a huge hit on game day!
This calls for a serious face plant!
Love nachos and yes they would be perfect for game day – though our team lost and I may not watch football LOL but definitely down with these nachos!!
Ok this nachos are freaking slammin! Send a tray my way :)
These look AMAZING! Let me wipe the screen off now from my drool!
Wow! I had no clue that is how nachos were invented! :) Cool story. And these look amazing! I agree with all your requirements for good nachos- especially a cheesy sauce and those jalapenos.
Loaded nachos is the only way to do nachos!