Easy meatless meatballs from Gardein are cooked in my Breville 3 in 1 Combi Oven and then simmered in a rich homemade tomato sauce!
Whenever I need a simple and quick dinner for the family, I usually always turn to pasta. This time though, I decided to leave it out and make this recipe more as an appetizer, or something everyone can share at the table without the extra carbs! Gardein Meatless Meatballs are big and tasty and a 12oz bag can easily feed my family of four. I decided to cook these using the oven setting of my Breville 3 in 1 Combi Oven, After setting the temperature to 450 degrees, all that’s left to do is place them in the oven and let Breville do all the work. After 20 minutes I opened the oven door and the meatballs were sizzling and smelled amazing!
Meatballs with tomato sauce are always a great combination, and yes you can buy your sauce at the grocery store and there would be no shame in that. But this sauce is homemade and so easy to make, I promise you’ll taste a difference!
Once the meatballs are fully cooked, you can take them from the oven and simmer them for 10 minutes in the tomato sauce. This will help keep them juicy and they’ll absorb the flavor too. Transfer to an oven safe dish and add the cheese over the top pf the tomato and meatballs. I used Gruyere and Mozzarella but any melting cheese would be fantastic. Place the dish under the broiler and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Serve with lots of your favorite crusty garlic bread, perfect for scooping up that cheesy tomato sauce along with a meatless meatball, or toss with some spaghetti and garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh basil!
Meatless Meatballs in a Cheesy Tomato Sauce
- 1 12oz bag of Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the meatballs as per the instructions on the bag.
- In a large pan, combine the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, gralic, oregano and basil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and pulse for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the salt and pepper to the sauce and adjust if needed.
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Place the meatballs in an oven safe dish and pour the sauce over them.
- Add the cheese over the meatballs and sauce and place under the broiler until golden and melted.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and serve at once with garlic bread.