This delicious Instant Pot Garlic Chicken is rich, creamy and can be on the table for dinner in less than 30 minutes! That’s fast and will easily feed the family!
The instant Pot rocks it again! This is such an easy recipe that you’ll be making it all the time. Everything goes in the Instant Pot including the dried pasta and 11 minutes later you’l open the lid to a creamy, cheesy and flavorful dinner! If you love garlic and creamy chicken then this will make you really happy, it’s a little bit like a chicken pot pie texture meets chicken Alfredo with a strong garlic flavor. I love this recipe for many reasons but only using one pot is probably the best reason! Literally everything goes into the Instant Pot and that’s it. You can switch the recipe up slightly and use a different variety of mixed veggies and maybe another cheese instead of Parmesan. The amount of garlic is optional too incase you don’t like it too overpowering. I think the amount I added is perfect and my kids inhaled it!
What Do I Need For My Instant Pot Pasta Garlic Chicken?
The ingredient list is pretty simple.
- Chicken stock
- Dried oregano
- Frozen vegetables
I recommend buying minced garlic in a jar, It’s so much easier and quicker to work with than peeling and chopping garlic cloves. If you don’t like Parmesan cheese, you could easily use Asiago or Grana Padano which are both similar but a little milder in flavor. They’re also less expensive and easier to source in-store.
Easy Steps For Making This Garlic Chicken
Cook the chicken in the butter until seared on the outside, It doesn’t need to be fully cooked at this point. Add the garlic, frozen vegetables and cornstarch and mix well. The cornstarch will help thicken the sauce as it cooks.
Add the remaining liquids and the dried pasta and stir to combine. Attach the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure to high for 6 minutes with a 5 minute natural release. Take off the lid and add the cheese. That’s all it takes to come up with this easy and tasty dinner option!
Use boneless skinless chicken breasts so you can cut them into more even pieces for cooking. Chicken thighs are great but tend to be smaller and cook quicker which might end up being more dry.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Pasta?
You could use penne or bowtie pasta as they are similar size to the rotini, but I’m not sure if spaghetti or any long strand pasta would come out the same or if it would soak up too much of the sauce. I like my pasta dishes to be more sauce than pasta but its up to you. Fresh pasta won’t work as it cooks quicker than dried so I think you’d end up with a mushy mess.
What Can I Serve This Instant Pot Pasta with?
How Do I Reheat Any Leftover Pasta?
I always like to reheat pasta in a pan over a medium heat. You should add about a half cup of milk to it so it loosens up the pasta from being in the fridge. Bring the pasta to a simmer for about 3-4 minutes and that’s it!
More Instant Pot Recipes!
More Family Style Pasta Favorites!
- Creamy Spaghetti Carbonara
- Dill Pickle Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Broccoli and Double Sausage Pasta Bake
- Avocado Dijon Pasta Salad
Instant Pot Pasta Garlic Chicken
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small one inch cubes
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 cups dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add the butter and melt.
- Add the diced chicken, , minced garlic, cornstarch and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken os lightly seared.
- Add the chicken stock, cream, milk, pasta, vegetables, salt and black pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Stir until well combined.
- Place the lid onto your Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Set on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes let the steam release naturally for another 5 minutes.
- Open the vent to release any more pressure and then open the lid fully.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir through gently with a spatula.
- Serve at once.