An easy Instant Pot Meatloaf made in less than an hour, and perfect for the cold chilly weather!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and didn’t eat too much? I sure know I did and now I’m looking to ease into 2019 with some easy and semi-healthy dinner choices. This Instant Pot Meatloaf would probably fall more into the category of easy for sure.
Not that it’s unhealthy but there are still some carbs creeping in when you add the mashed potatoes, and the two always have to be together in my opinion. You could swap out the potatoes for a creamy mashed cauliflower side instead and chop those carbs right out of the picture though!
But let’s talk about the meatloaf!
How easy is it to make this Instant Pot meatloaf?
It’s really easy! Combine the ingredients in a bowl and roughly shape it into a ball. Add it to the middle of your Instant Pot, season and add a slather of ketchup and you’re pretty much done.
Once the Instant Pot meatloaf is done, you’ll add another ketchup spread to the top and give it a quick turn under the broiler. This just helps get that crusty, bubbly surface that every meatloaf should have.
Should I add liquid to the pot?
Yes you’ll need to add a liquid to the pot and water would work just fine, but usually anywhere where I see the instruction to add water to a savory recipe, I’ll almost always add a stock. This helps with flavor, and after the meatloaf has been sliced I like to spoon some of the hot meaty stock over the slices.
How should I serve my Instant Pot Meatloaf?
I recommend slicing it into thick slices about an inch thick. Don’t forget those juices at the bottom of the pot and as with any meatloaf, a side of creamy mashed potatoes and beef gravy does it for me.
Can I reheat my meatloaf?
Easily, but I guarantee you’re probably not going to have any left! If you do, I’d place the meatloaf slices in a pan and add some stock. Bring to a swift simmer and cover. Warm for 5-7 minutes and it should still be moist and juicy.
Check out these other Instant Pot/pressure cooker recipes you might like!
Here are some handy kitchen items I used to make this easy meatloaf.
Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup ketchup divided
- Add the chicken stock to your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and place the wire rack on the bottom.
- Ina large glass mixing bowl, combine the beef and the rest of the ingredients except for the ketchup making sure to mix well.
- Form the meat into a large ball and place on the wire rack inside the pot.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the ketchup over the top of the meat.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and press the beef setting.
- Cook for 35 minutes and the beef is cooked through to a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once the pressure has been released, carefully take the meatloaf from the pot and place it onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup over the top and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until bubbling.
- Slice and serve right away.