It’s hard to find an excuse to not throw any kind of party. So when Pillsbury asked me to showcase a few of their simple Valentine’s Day recipes and come up with one of my own, I checked the heart-shaped box.
This is a sponsored post for Pillsbury. I was provided compensation and product for hosting this party.
Having your own Valentine’s Day party doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, it can be really easy…if you plan it right and then expect your plans to make a right turn into sweet heaven. The family and I incorporated classroom Valentine decorating into our party activities, so it seemed like we could kill two birds with one stone…right? Not so – as soon as I started to fill the table with Pillsbury sugar cookie pops, warm cinnamon buns and cream-filled strawberry shortcakes, all pens were down. The kids loved decorating the cookie pops, which were so easy to make and great for wrapping up and giving to someone special.
You can decide for yourself just how you’d like to decorate – first spread some white frosting on top, and then finish them off with heart-shaped candies, sprinkles or maybe even a drizzle of chocolate. They’re made using Pillsbury cookie dough so no mixing is needed, and it only takes 10 minutes to bake in the oven. You can get the full recipe here.
They definitely passed this little guy’s cookie approval checklist. I think he added a little extra frosting, though…holy sugar cookie!
Another easy recipe for Valentine’s morning are these cinnamon rolls. Shaped like hearts, these are perfect to bake first thing in the morning and take them to your still-sleeping sweetheart. You can get this ridiculously simple recipe here.
After all of the sitting around crushing on sugar cookies, the kids wanted to play Ring Around the Rosey. How could mom say no? She’s a total party girl…you can see she dressed up for the occasion!
Along with the sugar cookie and cinnamon rolls, I came up with these tasty strawberry shortcakes. Grab yourself a tube of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and a heart-shaped cookie cutter as close to the same size as the biscuit. That way, you’ll have less waste. Bake the heart biscuits until golden brown and fill with some sliced strawberries and vanilla whipped cream. Finally dust with some powdered sugar and get ready for some white mustaches! Thanks Pillsbury for providing some great Valentine’s Day ideas for the whole family!
Strawberry Shortcake Valentine Hearts
- 1 can Pillsbury Original Grands Biscuits
- 3 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, press down on each biscuit to end up with a heart shaped biscuit.
- Place each biscuit onto the cookie tray.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes and the top of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the heavy cream and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until the cream is at the soft peak stage.
- Cut the biscuits in half and place enough strawberries on the bottom half of the biscuit to cover the base.
- Spoon some of the cream onto the strawberries and place the top half of the biscuit onto the cream.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar and serve immediately.