Creamy and chocolaty, these Tim Tam® Biscuit Ice Cream Sandwiches will be gone in a second!
This post is sponsored by Tim Tam® biscuit.
I’ll be so sad when I have to shift my recipe focus to fall and leave summer behind! I don’t think there’s any hard rule about not having ice cream sandwiches in November or December, my kids will argue with you all day about that. But it might be a little chilly.
So, for now, I’m rolling along on the ice cream train making all sorts of awesome things for summer. You can’t go wrong with an ice cream sandwich and it’s usually the sandwich-er that I focus on more than the ice cream itself. What you’re going to use to squish the ice cream together is the fun part!
Bring on the Tim Tam® biscuits! These Australian-made chocolaty biscuits have a creamy center and are covered in even more chocolaty goodness on the surface. So naturally, I used the most decadent chocolate ice cream for my sandwiches making them out-of-control delicious chocolate fest!
You can make these easy treats by laying the Tim Tam® biscuits on the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan, generously cover with your favorite ice cream and then place another layer of Tim Tam biscuits on top. It’s as easy as that!
The popsicle sticks are optional but make eating the ice cream sandwiches much easier and you can add them after you slice the frozen treats into squares.
Tim Tam® biscuits are available in four flavors but for these treats, I stuck with the Original flavor. I also used the Chewy Caramel for the s’mores I made in my previous Tim Tam blog post. I’ve tried all four flavors and there’s no way I could pick a favorite. They’re all so good!
You can find Tim Tam® biscuits at most big box retailers or visit TimTamUSA.com to find out your closest supplier.
Easy Tim Tam Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 packets of Original Tim Tam® biscuits
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish leaving some to hang over the sides.
- Layer the base of the baking dish with Tim Tam® biscuits
- Spread the ice cream over the biscuits making sure to spread it evenly.
- Repeat the same layering process on the top of the ice cream.
- Place the pan into the freezer for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Just before you bring them from the freezer to cut, melt the chocolate chips in a bowl and crush a few extra Tim Tam® biscuits if you have them.
- To slice lift out the square from the pan using the extra parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife slice the square into smaller squares and insert a popsicle stick into the ice cream part.
- Drizzle generously with the melted chocolate and garnish with crushed Tim Tam® biscuits of desired. Serve right away
Never met an ice cream sandwich I didn’t like!
Definitely ice cream all year long for me. I don’t care if it’s cold! Lol! And these are so fun and easy. I’m gonna to try them ASAP!
These have got to be the most fun ice cream sandwiches I’ve ever seen! And your description of “out of control delicious” makes me want to taste them even more so!!
This look SO SO YUMMY! Thank you very, very much!