My list of Thursday things to do might look like this. Go to Trader Joe’s, do laundry, check previous nights lottery ticket, and eat copious amounts of hummus!
I think the last item should really be an everyday activity but this Thursday, May 21st is especially important. It’s National Hummus Day! A day where you can dip, spread and smear to your hearts content. As a tastemaker for Sabra Hummus my fridge is rarely without a container of the sexy chickpea dip slash spread. Call it what you like because it truly can be a dip or a spread, I love to eat it both ways but this time I really had a hankering to try it warm.
Because Sabra has sooooo many different flavors to choose from, I knew that making a version of hummus flat bread would be perfect. All of the hard work is done for you, just pop open the container and spread your favorite flavor on some pita bread, add a few extra ingredients and bake it in the oven. Kaboom…you just made the worlds easiest appetizer! For my three easy flat breads I used Roasted Pine Nut, Jalapeño and Classic varieties.
Word is some people still haven’t formed a bond with hummus. That’s okay, but I want to be your eHarmony guy- except a younger version- and set you up with your first hummus date. If you visit Sabra.com on May 21st, a coupon will be available for you to take hummus to the park for a romantic picnic, pack it in your lunch or even (gasp) introduce it to your parents.
Spread the word this Thursday and enjoy some hummus friends!
Don’t forget your hummus coupon here!
As a tastemaker for Sabra, compensation was provided for this super-delicious recipe. As always opinions and thoughts are my own!
Easy Hummus Flat Breads
For One Flatbread using Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 inches pita bread 6 wide
- 3/4 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup tomato seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon za'atar spice
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F.
- Spread the hummus on top of the pita bread.
- Add the red onion, diced tomato and feta cheese spreading evenly over the hummus.
- Season with the za'atar spice and drizzle the whole flat bread lightly with some olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 7-8 minutes or more if you prefer the pita bread with some char around the edges.
- Slice and serve at once.
For the Jalapeño Flat Bread
- Add thinly sliced jalapeño to the flat bread before baking.
For the Roasted Pine Nut Flat Bread
- Add 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts before baking.