This post was sponsored via the N0shOn.It Publisher Partner Program by Belgioioso Cheese and, as always all opinions expressed are my own.
If you’re going to make any type of grilled cheese sandwich, the cheese is totally the most important ingredient, we agree on that, right? Some varieties of cheese melt but then turn stiff again as it cools, other cheese might take on a strange sheen to it. Eventually you finally find a gooey melty cheese but what the heck..it tastes like the packaging! Belgioioso Provolone Cheese doesn’t fit into any of these categories. It melts easily, It looks stretchy and It tastes like a good aged cheese. Perfect for my Croque Monsieur Grilled Cheese!
Belgioioso Provolone is made in Wisconsin, where they know how to do dairy! The flavor is nutty, like a really good Parmesan but remember this is a sliced cheese. It’s perfect for adding to a lunch sandwich but for me, this cheese is a melty cheese. Use it in pasta, pizzas and of course any type of toasted sandwich, like my Croque Monsieur Grilled Cheese! It’s an easy sandwich to make with only a few simple ingredients and steps. Take two slices of french bread with a thin layer of dijon mustard, topped with smoked ham and Belgioioso Provolone and covered in a creamy Grana Parmesan béchamel. Throw it under the broiler until the top bubbles and you’ve arrived at you’re melted cheese happy place.This is a knife and fork sandwich friends, messy but sooo tasty!
Look for Belgioioso Provolone sold in 2 pound resealable packs at your local Costco!
Croque Monsieur Grilled Cheese
For The Bechamel Sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter- divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Grana Parma- divided
- Salt and pepper
For The Sandwich
- 2 slices french crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 3 slices Belgioioso Provolone Cheese- divided
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small pan.
- Add the flour and whisk over a low heat for about two minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking after each addition to get rid of the lumps (see notes)
- Add the 1/4 cup of Grana Parma and whisk until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread one slice of the bread with the mustard.
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter in a pan large enough to hold both slices of the bread and preheat your broiler to high.
- Lay the ham on top of the mustard followed by 2 slices of the provolone.
- Place both slices of the bread into the melted butter and toast for about 1 minute on low.
- Place the pan under the broiler to melt the provolone topped sandwich, about 30 seconds.
- Take the pan from the broiler and place the empty piece of bread on top of the ham/cheese piece.
- Place the remaining slice of Provolone on top of the sandwich.
- Pour the béchamel over the top of the sandwich and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons Grana Parmesan.
- Place back under the broiler until the top starts to bubble. Watch it carefully.
- Serve at once.
I saw this Belgioioso Provolone at Costco a couple of weeks ago and almost purchased it. Definitely adding it to my next Costco list – this sandwich looks amazing and oh, so cheesy!
it;s awesome for melting Jamie!
Um.. I just drooled on my keyboard. WOAH. That sandwich looks unbelievably wonderful. I’ll take two
Oops sorry Rachel :)
Looks amazing!!! I love their fresh mozzarella…I need to try the provolone now!
Belgioioso’s cheese list is so good Julie :)
Now this is my kind of sandwich! Perfect!!
Thanks Jenny :)
I don’t think sandwiches get better than this! That melty cheese is calling my name!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sandwich that looks so cheesy and delicious! I need you to come make me this for lunch, k?
on my way :)
Seriously HEAVENLY sandwich, my friend!
Holy moly Gerry, this looks so unbelievable! Like wow!
Holy moly indeed Jocelyn!
You have to stop tempting us at 11:00 PM with photos of grilled cheese – seriously can’t stop thinking about this sandwich, it looks incredible!
But that’s perfect for a midnight snack Laura!
I love their cheese and this is a fabulous way to serve it up!
I agree Katrina!
That melty cheese is calling my name!!!
lol Nicole :)
This has been on my bucket list for years!!! Lovely!
Get it done Sam :)
Umm yea this is like the perfect sandwich! Love that cheese.
Cheesey goodness Meagan!
That melty cheese is irresistible!!!! Please pass that plate this way!!!!
Only crumbs left Liz :)
You’ve rendered me speechless with your sandwich.
Thanks Michelle :)
Yep. This is perfect. You can retire now. GREG
Gerry – this is one gorgeous sandwich! Love everything about it!
You and me both Cassie ;)
That’s the best looking croque monsieur I’ve ever seen!
Croque Monsieurs always remind me of visiting my family in Switzerland because it was the easiest thing to order for the children when we went out to eat.
I love the story Anne Marie :)
i am not sure there is a better sandwich out there. Seriously, this is the ONE!
I don’t think so Jess :)
My stomach just rumbled! I love the idea of placing the whole slice of Provolone right on top. So easy!!
Thanks Cathy! :)
That is one serious sandwich! The cheesiness has taken over my thoughts.
Have a great day!
This is my kind of sandwich! Loving that melty cheese!
I am so on board with a knife and fork sandwich! This looks incredible and these two pound packages of provolone are one of my favorite things to buy at Costco!
That melty cheese image is blowing my mind right now. What a sandwich!
I have to add the Egg to make mine a Madam, but one of my favorite sandwiches of all time up there with the Kentucky Hot Brown and a pulled pork sandwich. Great post, Gerry.
I love the egg version too Chris!
Hi, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to obtain hottest updates, thus where can i do it please assist.