My favorite chair in the backyard, check. Wine, check. Ultra-easy Chicken Salad for lunch, yup!
I just described my very small list of things that keep me in a happy place. We could throw in a few more but truthfully I may never stop so let’s just stare at this chicken salad for a moment, okay eyes back here.
I wasn’t kidding when I called this an ultra-easy salad. In fact if you’re one of those people who loves to get ahead, you can make this salad the night before sans grilled lettuce.
I want to be like you, with lists and planners and bags of pre-weighed slow cooker meals in the freezer. Seriously give yourself a high five. You’ll find me over here running to the store multiple times and changing my mind a hundred times.
Instead of using all mayonnaise for the dressing, I used mostly Greek Yogurt. Add some lemon juice and Dijon and you have the dressing.
I promised you easy, right?
You’ll have extra dressing that can chill in the fridge for a few days, or use it as a dip or spread. it would be so good on a chicken BLT or add some buffalo sauce and blue cheese for the ultimate Popcorn Chicken dip.
Bacon because. No more words needed here.
Celery is a veggie so I just made things even more healthy, and grapes for an awesome sweet taste.
Be careful grilling your lettuce. It can go from gorgeous green to cinder black in a milli-second and it’s not like toast. There’s no scraping off the burnt pieces.
So go grab summer and find your happy place, with wine and chicken salad!
Chicken Salad on Grilled Romaine Lettuce
For The Dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 medium sized lemon
- 2 x 7oz containers of Greek yogurt
- Sea Salt and black pepper
For the Salad
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grapes cut in half
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 slices large avocado cut into
- Salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Rub the chicken breasts with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a grill and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes each side.
- Let the chicken cool and then dice into chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed chicken, grapes, walnuts, chopped bacon, radish, celery and green onions.
- Add enough of the dressing to coat all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel of the outer layers of the lettuce and cut in half length ways.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over each half of lettuce.
- Lay the lettuce on the grill and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 2-3 minutes and then carefully turn the lettuce over and repeat with the other side.
- Once the lettuce is done transfer it to a cutting board.
- Slice each half of lettuce into two pieces and place on a platter.
- Place a large scoop of the chicken salad on top of each lettuce.
- Garnish with avocado slices.