If I could snack on anything in the whole wide world, it might just be Popcorn Chicken! Those tiny nuggets send me over the edge and there’s no limit as to how many I’m able to eat.
These chicken dips are made even extra special by dipping them in Sabra’s Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt. There’s no secrets when it comes to these dips, the information is on the label, front, and center, plain and simple. Real vegetables feature high on the ingredients list as they should friends!
Popcorn Chicken is easy to make but does involve hot oil and raw chicken, dangerous stuff. Are you ready?
Hey, come back, just promise me you’ll use a thermometer when you’re warming up the oil!
Mix some staple spices together and chuck them into the flour. Just spices and flour…simple ingredients just like the dips.
Add the chicken and you’re almost done. It’s getting messy I know but hang in there!
Popcorn Chicken is addicting friends. Because you have to work in batches, it’s soooo difficult to not just keep popping these little nuggets in the Farmers Ranch Dip and inhaling them as soon as they come out of the pan.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Sabra and as a Sabra Tastemaker, compensation was provided. All opinions are always my own!
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons Lawry's seasoning *see notes*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1- quart canola oil
- 1 10 ounce container Sabra Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes about 1/2 inch big, transfer to a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Add the flour whisking to make sure everything is well mixed.
- Pour the oil into a fairly large pan or deep pot and bring to 375 degrees using a thermometer to guide you.
- Grab a handful of chicken and dump it into the flour. Use your fingers to jumble it around making sure the chicken is well coated.
- Shake off the excess flour and place carefully into the hot oil. Don't overload the oil.
- Fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes using a slotted spoon to move it around until it turns a light golden color.
- Take the chicken from the oil and drain on some kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process until all of the chicken has been cooked.
- Serve warm along with your Sabra Farmers Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip