I can’t deny that I like a sandwich, it’s definitely high up on my list of favorite eats. But it has to built with an engineers mind. The bread shouldn’t be too soft and the fillings should be able to stand up to a good savage bite without squishing out the other side and landing on your lap. Sometimes more is not always better.
Unless there’s bacon involved. The classic Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich is a great sammie and probably the only time I’d happily eat cold bacon along with crispy fresh lettuce and juicy tomato slices snuggled between two slices of toasted sourdough bread. Wait…there should be a spread somewhere on that bread, It can’t be just dry bread. Most people I know use mayonnaise including myself, until I tried Hidden Valley’s new Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread. I was well pleased with the strong smoky flavor with the familiar ranch taste that everybody loves. There’s five flavors to choose from and you can even use them as a dips too!
Gourmet Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread toasted
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced into eight
- 6 leaves lettuce washed
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay the bacon slices in a single layer on a baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, turning them over at the 10 minute mark. Let cool.
- Take the bread and spread about one tablespoon on one side of each bread slice.
- Lay the lettuce on the bread followed by some tomato slices and then the bacon.
- Top with another slice of bread, spread side down.
- Cut into half and serve at once.
- From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com and pick up some more ideas for your gourmet bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich!