Kick up your chocolate brownies and add some chai spice to them! Soft and gooey double chocolate brownies with chai spice, sea salt and a white chocolate drizzle!
These are my, I can’t decide if I need dark chocolate or white chocolate brownies. For the times that you need a little bit of both even if they’re mixed together.
And then the giant crunchy flakes of sea salt on top. Is it just me or is chocolate and sea salt the best thing ever to hit your tongue?
On a simple to make scale, these brownies would be a 10 (easy). You could do it with your eyes closed, I swear, but don’t because if you burn yourself you’ll be mad at me.
And you should only be happy, because it’s hump day and the weekend is really starting to sound reachable.
I really need that weekend and these brownies, especially the middle square. Are you an edger or a center piece brownie-picker? The middle piece is always the softest, but I get it if you like the crusty edge.
In fact if you bake these for the perfect time of 20 minutes, even the edges will be on the softer side. You’ll be tempted to give them another 5 minutes in the oven but trust me. No one ever said “Those brownies aren’t cooked all the way through”.
I always like to use chopped chocolate bars instead of chips when I make these, I think it melts better. You can throw so many different things in this brownie base, like pumpkin or top them with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Seriously!
The chai spice is just chai tea. It’s super easy to find and is ground finely enough to be mixed in with the flour.
See, I told you things were easy!
Chai Spice Salted Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 Chai Spice teabags
- 1 stick unsalted butter 6oz
- 2 cup bars good quality chocolate roughly chopped. Set aside 1/4 ., 3.5oz
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa and chai spice from the tea bags.
- In a pan, melt the butter and add all of the chopped chocolate except for 1/4 cup. Whisk until smooth.
- Take off the heat and add the sugars, whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking well after each one.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture making sure to have no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Melt both sets of chocolate chips and drizzle over the brownies.
- Sprinkle withs sea salt and cut into squares.