Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry is one of my favorite take-outs that can easily be made in your own kitchen!
Summer is rolling along well above the speed limit!
Confession- I took a peek at my calendar the other day to see when school goes back, just for scheduling purposes I swear. But so far this summer has been pretty awesome. I’m writing this post on the last leg of the best east coast road trip ever and I’ll post a recap as soon as I get back to my west coast brain.
For weeks I’ve been meaning to pass this easy Chinese take-out style Beef and Mushroom Stir fry to you guys. It’s one of those dishes that can be stovetop-to-table in about 30 minutes which can be a deal maker on a busy summer weeknight. After a day filled with camps and playing Uber driver to my kids, I’m looking for the easy way out when it comes to dinner.
Just throw everything in a wok if you have one (or a large skillet) and serve with some brown rice, or if you need an even healthier option, skip the rice and replace it with cauliflower rice for a low carb version. You can find it in the frozen section of most stores these days.
Orrrrrrr, you could make this super tasty Crab Fried Rice and be a take out super star!
This recipe would work just as well with thin slices of chicken or shrimp in place of the beef, you’re the chef so you call the shots!
Have a great rest of the week friends!
Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry with Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 1 whole garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 pound sirloin or stir fry steak sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp canola oil divided
- 8 ounces oyster mushrooms roughly sliced
- 1 whole red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 4 whole green onions sliced
- Whisk together in a bowl the cornstarch, rice wine, lime juice, black pepper, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add the beef and toss to coat well. Let marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the sesame oil and 1 tbsp canola oil until hot.
- Add the beef reserving the marinade and stir until browned. Don't crowd the pan or it won't brown.
- Transfer the browned beef to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp canola oil and add the mushrooms and red pepper to the pan and cook on a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the green onions and the beef strips along with the reserved marinade and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice for a lower carb version