Tasty Fried Rice loaded with chunks of crab meat, diced ham and mango for a touch of sweetness. This is a great way to use up any leftover rice!
Who knew making fried rice at home was so flippin’ easy!
Are you like me when it comes to pasta and rice and always make way too much? This is how to move those leftovers!
Because the rice is already cooked, you can make this crab fried rice in about 10 minutes or less if you don’t mind some mess. The secret of this fried rice isn’t the rice or even the chunky chunks of delicious crab meat, it’s the Chinese five spice seasoning.
If you’ve never tried five spice, find a store that sells herbs and spices in bulk. Open the five spice jar and sniff, making sure nobody’s watching because it might look weird to some folks. You’ll recognize the smell and realize that’s what’s making your takeout so freakishly addictive. The spice is epic beyond seasoning proportions. I love it!
A splash of soy sauce and a dash of sesame oil is all you need to make this crazy dish go bonkers in your mouth. Red peppers, mango and diced smoked ham make it even more tasty.
If crab doesn’t rock your world try these variations and just do a switcheroo.
- Ground turkey
Check out this handy video that shows just how embarissingly easy it is to make crab fried rice. So skip the takeout and make your own version of fried rice this weekend friends!
Easy Fried Rice with Crab Meat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounces fresh lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots and five rice powder and stir.
- Next add the peppers, ham, peas, mango, green onion and stir.
- Pour in the soy sauce and sesame oil and then add the cooked rice. Stir well.
- Finally add the crab meat and stir to combine. Cook until hot.
- Transfer the rice to a platter and garnish with lots of fresh cilantro. Serve at once.