Mini Cheeseburger Sliders are so easy to make and these have all the flavor of In-N-Out’s famous animal style topped french fries!
You see some crazy recipes on the internet, but mini sliders made with Hawaiian buns are probably my favorite and I don’t think they’re particularly crazy. I must admit I have a thing for these little pick up bites that can sneakily fill you up even though you only ate five (true story).
My Cheesy Corned Beef Sliders are a must make when St Patrick’s day rolls around and these S’mores Sliders are just ridiculously tasty! So why not take the great American cheeseburger and make it mini? Especially if you’re going to add some wicked special sauce and grilled onions to the recipe!
Living in Southern California has it’s perks. Constant sunshine, beaches and In-N-Out Burger, and if you’ve ever been to In-N-Out you know what I’m talking about if I mention animal style fries! Crispy french fries covered in special sauce and topped with grilled onions, I mean…seriously?
Labor Day is coming up soon and I’m sure half the country will be lighting up a barbecue, but why suffer the wrath of grill flare-up’s and burnt, shriveled burgers?
These Cheeseburger Sliders are made in your own kitchen, right next to the fridge where your beer is kept. Do you see where I’m going with this? You can make trays and trays of these, feed the whole party and still have time to be sipping on your own beer.
It’s a no-brainer situation we have here friends, just be sure to make enough because there’s no way anyone can just eat one of these epic cheesy cheeseburger sliders.
What if you had a Labor Day slider eating competition? I bet you know someone who’d love that!
Animal Style Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp your favorite bbq rub
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 full pack Hawaiian sweet buns slider size (12)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp your favorite bbq rub
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the beef, salt, pepper and bbq rub.
- Press the meat onto a parchment lined being pan making sure to press it out to the same size as the slider buns package.
- Brush the beef with 1/4 cup ketchup and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes then drain juices from the baking sheet pan.
- As the beef is cooking, warm the olive oil until hot and then add the diced onion and brown sugar, cooking and stirring until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Slice the buns long ways and set the lid part to the side, keeping the base part on the white cardboard and then to a baking sheet pan. The cardboard will help to lift the hot sliders.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, ketchup and relish. Spread evenly over the bottom part of the slider buns.
- Liberally add some of the grilled onions on top of the sauce.
- Lay the meat on top of the sauce and onions and then top with the cheese.
- Place the top part of the bun on top of the cheese and brush with the melted butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully slice and serve at once.