Traditional S’mores fixings sandwiched between a buttery sweet Hawaiian slider bun! No camp fire needed for these awesome desserts!
S’mores are definitely a weakness for me.
It’s the gooey marshmallow that blends into the thick slab of melted chocolate. And don’t even get me started on the buttery graham crackers that hold the whole thing together!
And then one day I wanted s’mores but didn’t want to be messing with the fire and skewers and the whole smoky production.
I get it that making s’mores between slider buns might seem a little untraditional but to feed a large crowd at the same time, it’s pretty cool. You can make a dozen at one time with zero worries of things going on fire or kids getting branded by poker-hot skewers. Trust me, that happens.
And it’s the same awesome taste that you already know when you eat your s’mores beside the campfire.
As much as the squishy sweet middle part of the slider is important, butter really helps. There’s melted butter spread all over the bottom section of the slider and then once the top part goes on, it gets saturated in melted butter too.
Just to make things even more bonkers tasty, crushed graham crackers are sprinkled over the top.
The kids went craaazy, shocker right?
You should never have clean fingers or a clean chin after eating s’mores, and you still get that chocolatey marshmallow pull with these sliders.
Check out the video below for the easy steps it takes to make my s’mores sliders!
S'mores Slider Buns
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1 pack Hawaiian sweet slider buns
- 1 stick butter melted
- 6 whole regular size Hershey Chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper making sure it overlaps the edges a little bit.
- Take three of the graham crackers and place in a sandwich bag.
- Using a rolling pin crush the bag of graham crackers until they're crumbs and set aside.
- Slice the slider buns in half lengthways and place the bottom section into the prepared baking tray.
- Brush generously with some of the melted butter.
- Place the remaining six graham cracker crumbs onto the slider bun base. The edges might overlap a little but that's okay.
- Place the chocolate on top of the graham crackers followed by the mini marshmallows spreading them out as evenly as possible.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows just start to turn golden.
- Take the pan away from the broiler and place the top section of the slider buns on top of the marshmallows.
- Using the remaining melted butter brush the top of the buns generously and sprinkle with lots of the crushed graham crackers.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the s'mores rest for 5 minutes when they are done and then slice into 12 individual slider buns.