This Plant Based Teriyaki Bowl really hits the spot for lunch or dinner, and takes no time to make!
This post is sponsored by Lightlife, all opinions are always my own!
Can we agree that anything covered in teriyaki sauce is always on point? Seriously, that sauce is killer with chicken, beef, shrimp, sushi, and potstickers…yup potstickers dipped in teriyaki sauce is a must try! It’s so easy to make, check out the video with this post to see for yourself and with only a few ingredients, it comes without some of the unnecessary stuff you see in some store-bought sauce.
So when Lightlife asked me to try their Smart Ground Original Crumbles, I knew they’d be bomb with the teriyaki sauce, some wild rice and bean sprouts. A perfectly healthy lunch (or dinner) made in super fast time, loaded with protein from Lightlife’s plant-based menu of rice, beans, soy, quinoa and a few others!
Feel free to adapt your plant-based teriyaki bowl to whatever you like.
I used a wild rice blend which has a super nutty flavor, and what’s a teriyaki bowl or stir-fry without baby corn? Beansprouts, green onions, and fresh cilantro are all the extras you’ll need to make this meat-free deliciousness.
I’ve cooked with Smart Ground Crumbles before and I was surprised at how similar they are to real ground beef but much easier to use and zero fat! That was a huge plus for me so nothing to drain once they’re warmed up. Just add the teriyaki sauce and mix through.
So tasty and kid friendly too!
Plant Beased Teriyaki Bowl with Wild Rice
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2/3 cups Mirin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole pack Lightlife Original Smart Ground
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a pan over medium heat, combine the rice vinegar, Mirin, garlic, sugar and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and then add to the sauce.
- Whisk and simmer for another 5 minutes until it thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- In another larger pan, heat the olive oil and then add the Lightlife Smart Ground crumbles. Stir until they are well broken up.
- Add as much of the teriyaki sauce as you desire (I used about half) and stir.
- Place the rice, beansprouts and corn in a bowl and top with some of the Smart Ground.
- Garnish with the green onion and cilantro and serve at once.
Love how easily this comes together! I will have to look for those sausage crumbles next time I’m at the store!
These look so delicious! My daughter Pia would love them!
Lightlife has great gluten free tempeh too! I should try this with that! YUM!
Teriyaki anything is always good!
So good and healthy for the new year!
Hello meatless Monday dinner!
Mmmm! Love that this is a vegetarian option!
I just LOVE dishes like this. And these flavors… you just can’t go wrong!