I love waking up each day and finding out what National Day it is. There’s always something going on but mens health gets the whole month of June! That’s right up there with grilled cheese sandwiches who also get a month.
Coincidence, I think so. As much as I love a grilled cheese sandwich, I would sub it anyway for a BLT. The crispy lettuce and fresh tomatoes go perfectly with salty bacon and a slather of mayonnaise. Usually I’d use two slices of toasted sourdough but this time I tried these Hungry Girl Foldit Flatbreads. I built my sandwich with the rosemary and olive oil variety but they also come in whole wheat with flax and traditional white. They’re low in fat and able to throw you enough fiber your way so you can skip that tasteless bran muffin in the mornings.
l’m not sure if I was just extra hungry the day I made this sandwich or if I was testing the strength of the Foldit Flatbread, but I added a turkey burger…well maybe two. Lean and low in fat they were perfect and although they do look huge in these pics, this sandwich was really easy to handle without falling apart. I swear all of these flavors were meant to go together and my sandwich still came in at a decent amount of calories! If you feel like you need to make your own healthy sandwich, you can score a Flatout Foldit coupon here.
Check out theses other recipes using Flatout Foldit Flatbreads!
The Big Mans World- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
Shared Appetite- Grilled Peach and Corn Basil Flatbread
Recipe Boy- Egg Salad Sandwich
Pocket Change- Gourmet- Southwest breakfast Wraps
This was a sponsored post and compensation was provided. All thoughts and opinions are my own!
Turkey Burger BLT
- 1 Hungry Girl Flat-out Foldit bread.
- 2 turkey burgers grilled
- 4 leaves large lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices already cooked bacon
- 1 -2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Spread each side of the Flatout Foldit bread with the mayonnaise.
- On one side, lay a slice of lettuce on top of the mayonnaise.
- Next add one of the turkey burgers on top of the lettuce.
- Place 2 slices of tomato on top of the burger ad then place some slices of the bacon on top.
- Repeat the procedure if desired.
- Serve at once with extra mayonnaise.