A delicious and fresh tasting vegetable skillet kit from Taylor Farms with Thai curry sauce and dried coconut shavings! This easy dinner should be on weekly rotation!
This post was sponsored by Taylor Farms.
Trust Taylor Farms to take the pain away from trying to decide what the choice for dinner might be every night. As well as an amazing variety of chopped salad kits and super handy on-the-go salads, they now have skillet kits! This means you can literally have an awesome dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Just like the name implies, this Thai Coconut Skillet Kit has everything you need to create something interesting. All you have to decide is which protein, if any, you might like to add. Chicken, beef and shrimp are all good ideas but you can also just stay with the fresh and pre-washed broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas and carrots that come in the bag. You can find this easy skillet kit in most grocery stores and Costco also!
The kit also includes a mild coconut curry sauce and dried coconut shavings. It was the shavings that gave me the idea to turn my skillet kit into more of a skillet soup. I added some chicken stock and coconut milk as my base for the soup and then added the curry sauce to end up with a dinner that was pretty close to something I might find on my local Thai restaurant’s menu!
Tips for making my Thai Curry Vegetable Bowl-
Add the veggies as soon as the liquid starts to simmer. The heat will cook the veggies just enough so that they don’t become too soft.
Add shredded rotisserie chicken as it’s already cooked. That’s one less pan to wash.
Small shrimp will cook quicker than larger ones.
Serve this over rice to help soak up all of that great curry sauce flavor.
Fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes also make a great addition for that authentic Thai flavor.
This recipe will feed two hungry people or 3-4 with smaller portions. Keep any leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Thai Curry Vegetable Bowl
- 4 cups Stock. Chicken, beef or veggie will all work
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Thai Coconut Skillet Kit
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes if desired
- In a large skillet or pot, combine the stock, coconut milk and curry sauce package contents.
- Whisk together and bring to a simmer.
- In a small cup or bowl combine the cornstarch and water
- Once simmering, turn the heat to low and add the cornstarch mixture whisking well.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve at once or add your protein and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.