Easy Strawberry Rhubarb no bake cheesecake! Make a bunch of these and serve them up as simple individual desserts.
Cheesecakes are grand desserts! They take time to make and always look big and spectacular, even the weight of them lets you know that you’re going to be stuffed after three bites!
But not so if they’re no-bake cheesecake. They’re actually more like a mousse, can be made ahead of whenever you need to serve them and when you make them in tiny glass jars like these, everyone loves them and ends up finishing the whole jar!
What’s in a no bake cheesecake filling?
Not much! Cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream are the main three ingredients to get that creamy texture that everybody loves. You can also fold through any kind of fruit puree to make things more interesting so I went with strawberries and rhubarb and just added a dollop on top along with some toasted almonds for crunch.
Making these as individual no bake cheesecakes takes away some of the pressure of creating an 8-inch cake which might not set up as well as a regular baked cheesecake.
How to make no bake cheesecake.
Using a food processor or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix the cream cheese and sour cream. Add in your cooled fruit puree and mix. Finally, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and fold into the cheese mixture.
Once you’ve added the filling to your jars or ramekins, place them in the fridge for a few hours to let them set and become a little more firm. They’ll still be creamy when you serve them though.
Can I still have a crust in my individual no bake cheesecake?
You sure can because cheesecake without a crust just ain’t cheesecake whether it’s baked or unbaked, right? I lined the bottoms of my mini jars with buttery crushed graham crackers.
Try switching up graham crackers for crushed Oreos or any of your favorite cookies, you can’t really go wrong with this super easy dessert.
These scream summer and check off all of my backyard party requirements- Tasty, cute, perfectly sized and EASY!!
Here are some other cheesecake recipes you might like!
Strawberry Rhubarb No Bake Cheesecake
- 8 graham crackers crushed
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup rhubarb fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted and chopped
- Crush the graham crackers until fine crumbs and add to a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add to the crushed graham crackers stirring to combine.
- In a small pan combine the sliced strawberries, rhubarb chunks, and sugar.
- Simmer until the fruit is soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. Set aside and let cool.
- Using a stand mixer whisk the sour cream and the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the strawberry rhubarb puree to the cream mixture and mix through.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks and fold through the cream cheese.
- Divide the crushed graham cracker mixture evenly between the 6 glass jars.
- Spoon some of the cream mixture on top of the crushed graham crackers filling to about an inch from the top.
- Finish with a dollop of the remaining strawberry puree and garnish with some toasted almonds.