Sticky chicken wings are the best, and these are covered in a Guinness bbq sauce! Perfect for St Patrick’s Day when you run out of corned beef!
Top reasons to make these sticky chicken wings!
- My wings are oven baked which is definitely my favorite way to cook chicken wings! As the fat renders from the skin, it leaves the wings nice and crispy and perfect to cover in any type of sauce you like.
- These sticky chicken wings are exactly that, sticky! This is due to the amazing homemade Guinness bbq sauce that gets brushed on just before they’re done. The sauce only takes about 20 minutes to make but tastes like it came from one of the best bbq joints in the South!
- These are no-fuss chicken wings. As long as you flip them over a few times as they bake in the oven, you can be sure they’ll be crispy and ready for your game day party or St Patrick’s day dinner.
Is it easy to make bbq sauce?
It’s so easy you’ll wonder why you’ve been buying it all this time. Some of my favorite bbq sauce’s like this Bourbon bbq sauce or my cherry bbq sauce are the ones I’ll always use when summer comes around. Making bbq sauce requires a few key ingredients like ketchup, brown sugar and cider vinegar. The other ingredients can be switched around a bit for different kinds of sauce. Fruit based bbq sauce is a good option and you can use peaches, blueberries or strawberries among others. The fruit is cooked with the sauce ingredients until it softens and then the mixture is blended to create a thick semi-sweet bbq sauce perfect on so many meats and seafood!
Questions on how to make these sticky chicken wings?
Actually it doesn’t really but you can taste that it’s not regular bbq sauce. I think It has a deep malty flavor.
Of course! This sauce would be just as good on tri-tip, kebabs, or ribs!
Bbq sauce contains a lot of sugar and sugar will burn quickly. When you’re grilling anything that you plan to brush with sauce, wait until the last five minutes to add the sauce. and turn the meat or seafood over a few times after each brush with sauce.
Yes it does, it can be left out for up to 2 hours but then it should be sealed in a container and stored in the fridge.
more great bbq sauce recipes
Sticky Chicken Wings with Guinness Bbq Sauce
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup Guinness beer
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Make sure the wings are separated into wing and small drumettes. You can do this by splitting the wing in the middle with a sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a 13×9 baking pan with foil and then lay a wire rack on top of the foil.
- Place the wings in even rows on to the wire.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, paprika, cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each side of the wings generously with the seasoning.
- Place the wings into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes turn the wings over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, combine the sauce ingredients in a small pot and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat to low and slowly simmer the sauce, stirring often.
- After the wings ahve cooked for an hour, brush them with the sauce. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the wings and repeat with more sauce and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Brush with more sauce before serving.