Now you can make your own TTLA Vegan Sandwich at home and see what all the hype is about! Tempeh, tomato, lettuce and avocado on crusty ciabatta bread.
This post is sponsored by Lightlife Foods.
Have you heard about the vegan version of the famous BLT? It’s loaded with smoky tempeh, tomato, lettuce, and avocado which is why it goes by the acronym, TTLA. It’s been kind of a thing on the internet ever since a Whole Foods Market employee created the sandwich as a replacement for the uber-loved BLT. There’s a couple of reasons why I like this, I love BLT’s and as an ambassador for Lightlife I knew I had to make this sandwich for myself, and show you guys how easy it is.
There are two key ingredients that really make this TTLA vegan sandwich so tasty that you’ll probably have the same reaction as actress Tabitha Brown seen here on video as she inhales her own TTLA vegan sandwich. The roasted garlic vegan mayonnaise spread, and Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon Strips. I already like tempeh and it’s nutty texture, and how it holds up well and seems to take on flavors really well.
But these Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon Strips are really, really good! It’s easy to cook with and doesn’t fall apart and the flavor is like a really rich smokehouse style piece of thick-cut bacon.
For the spread, buy yourself a good jar of vegan mayonnaise and don’t take shortcuts by adding regular old minced garlic to it. It has to be roasted garlic, seriously! When you roast whole heads of garlic, the cloves become soft and golden and the smell goes from being really strong to mellow but still pungent.
To build your sandwich you’ll need some chewy ciabatta bread with that garlic mayo generously spread on each side. Add crispy green leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado slices and at least 3-4 slices of Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin’ Bacon Strips. I read that pickles were optional.
Umm, not in my world, pickles are on all of my sandwiches!
If you make this sandwich, be sure use the hashtags #lightlife and #foodnessgracious. I always love to see what you guys are making!
Smoky TTLA Vegan Sandwich
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1 garlic bulb halved in two
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise vegan
- 1 pack of Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin' Bacon Strips
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green leaf lettuce
- black pepper
- pickles optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the two halves of the whole garlic bulb on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes and the cloves are golden and soft.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out from the bulb and chop until smooth.
- Add 3 tbsp of the garlic puree to the vegan mayonnaise and stir well. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan cook the Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin' Bacon Strips for about 2 minutes each side.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf into 4 pieces and then slice in half.
- Spread each piece of bread generously with the vegan spread.
- On the bottom layers of the bread, and on top of the spread add some lettuce, avocado and tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper and then place 3 slices of the Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin' Bacon Strips on top.
- Place the top half of the bread on and serve at once.