Rich delicious Sweet Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches cooked in a homemade barbecue sauce. Perfect for busy nights or lazy weekends!
These sweet slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches are truly epic, trust me!
Why does the weekend have to be so short? Why can’t we have politicians fighting for longer weekends? I bet they’d get crazy support!
So maybe you don’t want to spend too much of your sacred time stuck in the kitchen. You’ve been there all week right and that’s why slow cooker’s were invented I guess.
I haven’t been a loyal slow cooker user in the past but I’m definitely slowly converting. Prep work is usually really fast and bringing tough chunks of meat to a melty, juicy ending is reason enough to own one. You can even make these amazing Hot Fudge Brownies in it or maybe Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza!
This time I went with pork to create some really simple Barbecue Pork Sandwiches. If you like sloppy joe’s you’ll love these!
The sauce is made from ingredients that are probably hanging out in your cupboard right now. Ketchup, vinegar and seasoning are just some of the things you’ll need to add to the pork and it’ll take around 8 hours to become melt-in-your mouth delicious bbq pork.
But so worth it.
You could eat this straight from the slow cooker it’s that good, but that’s kinda weird so try piling it on some rice or grits. I toasted some slider buns and the kids went nuts with them. Seriously, I think my son demolished three!
I also added some sliced provolone to some of them, so good and the bread was soaked up all of that bbq sauce.
On an easy-ometer, this recipe might be a 9. We like recipes like this, don’t we?
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3-4 pound boneless pork roast
- 1 1/2 tbsp barbecue rub seasoning
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Coca Cola
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut the pork into 2-3 separate chunks and cover with the barbecue rub seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a med-high heat and sear each piece of pork quickly on each side. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same pan with the heat on low, add the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Coke, Worcestershire sauce. salt and pepper and whisk until it comes together.
- Pour the sauce over the pork and seal with the lid.
- Cook on low setting for about 8 hours checking often to turn the meat and stir the sauce.
- Once the meat has become fork tender, shred it with two forks in the slow cooker combining it with the sauce.