Medium rare skirt steak served with truffle oil french fries and dusted with Parmesan cheese. This is an easy summer recipe for the grill and tastes amazing with a glass of Cabernet.
I’m always excited when I start a new relationship with a brand, especially when it’s being an ambassador for a long term project using a product that I really love.
Bota Box is devoted to bringing you quality wines in a box while still being super conscious of the world we live in today and the importance of taking care of it.
Now take all of your thoughts and opinions about wine in a box from the eighties and throw them out the window! This is not that type of wine. The name “Bota” gets its name from the original way travelers would carry liquids way back in the day.
When you think about it, using something other than a glass bottle to take outside of the safety of your home, a box totally makes sense. Let’s talk about that box, it’s 100% recyclable and printed from unbleached post-consumer fiber.
Once you flatten it, you can sneak it into the tiniest spaces in your recycle trash can, and it’s held together by cornstarch and not glue! High five to whoever came up with that.
So not only does the wine make you feel good, you can also score some positive vibes by doing your part for the environment. Each box holds the equivalent amount of four wine bottles, kept fresh in a BPA free plastic bag. There’s also a smaller version of each varietal that holds three glasses, perfect for smaller getaways.
Bota Box offers thirteen varietals, and the Cabernet was a perfect match for this Skirt Steak and Parmesan Truffle Fries.
I always love to cook skirt steak. It’s not that expensive and is very low maintenance when it comes to cooking it. Season it with some salt and black pepper and throw it on a mega-hot grill. Sear it for about 3 minutes on each side for the inside to be a nice medium rare.
Keep the fries simple and grab some from the frozen section. Seriously, there’s no shame and the time you saved from not peeling spuds by hand can be spent outside with a glass of Bota Box. Winner! Once those fries are golden brown, lay on the Parmesan and then a drizzle of truffle oil to end with.
Friends, steak and fries with a glass of Cabernet is hard to beat.
This post was sponsored by Bota Box. As an ambassador I’m excited to bring you recipes and fun ideas to accompany Bota Box wine. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Skirt Steak with Truffle Oil Parmesan Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 bag frozen french fries 16oz
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Bake the french fries as per the directions on the package.
- While the fries are baking, rub the skirt steak with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the skirt steak on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the steak to the grill and sear on one side for about 3 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Flip the steak over and repeat on the other side.
- Transfer the steak to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for a few minutes.
- Place the french fries on a large platter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Drizzle the truffle oil over the fries and finish by garnishing with fresh rosemary.
- Serve at once with a glass of Bota Box Cabernet.