A healthy Salmon Wrap using Flatout Multigrain Flax Wraps stuffed with salmon, quinoa, corn, black beans and a peanut butter dressing. This is high in protein and loaded with flavor.
There’s a sandwich shop close to me that stuffs their salads in a wrap. This to me is genius because I still feel like I’m eating a sandwich, which is what I really wanted to order in the first place but ended up with a salad! Confused? This healthy Salmon Wrap stuffed with quinoa and black beans should make things clearer.
Flatout Flatbread has come to my rescue more than once. The wraps are so soft which means they’re easy to roll up and won’t crack like some other wraps or tortillas I’ve tried. And the list of ingredients that you can stuff inside is mind-boggling, check out their recipe section and I promise you’ll never run out of ideas for dinner, lunch or summer picnics.
This time I went with my favorite seafood, salmon. Cook it however you like and then flake it into pieces. Staying with the high protein style I added quinoa, black beans and corn but the filling needed a dressing or sauce to bring it all together. A simple Asian style peanut butter dressing was perfect!
These wraps are big, I actually used two flatbreads per wrap and you’ll see in the video how I placed them in a cross shape. This makes it easier to roll them up and stronger to hold all of that epic filling!
Leave me a comment and let me know what kinds of fillings you like to put in your wraps!
This post was sponsored by Flatout Flatbread. All opinions are my own!
Salmon Wrap with Quinoa and Black Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces salmon
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 whole can (14oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pack Flatout Flatbread Multigrain Wraps
- 1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles optional
For The Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven safe pan until hot. Add the salmon and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip the salmon over and repeat. Transfer to the hot oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool before flaking into pieces.
- In a blender, add all of the dressing ingredients and buzz on high power for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the quinoa. Cook covered for about 12-15 minutes on low until the water has disappeared. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- In a bowl combine the cooled quinoa, corn, black beans, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place two Flatout wraps in a cross shape and repeat to make 2 wraps.
- Spoon some of the quinoa mixture onto the center of the wrap.
- Place some flaked salmon on top of the quinoa followed by some dressing.
- Add some crunchy noodles if desired and turn in both ends of the wrap and proceed to roll the wrap together tightly.
- Slice the wrap in half and serve with extra dressing on the side.