Chicken Pesto is combined with mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. These Flatout wraps are so easy to make and perfect for days at the beach.
It finally happened, school ended.
Both of my kids are now like loose stallions (or ponies), excited about not having me wake them up each morning by either playing heavy metal on my phone and laying it beside their pillow, or teasing the dog so he jumps all over them.
Both methods work really well but can result in severe crankiness at breakfast.
Living in Southern California does come with some tiny benefits like, oh maybe the beach and sunny days until forever!
So it seems like a natural thing to do is to throw some stuff in the car and get covered in sand.I may be one of those people who will pack enough food for a small army but it has to be easy to eat, mess-free and most importantly it has to taste really good.
Sandwiches and wraps are the way to go for us. The kids love them and you can fill them with so many awesome fillings.
Usually I’d present chicken pesto to them with pasta or maybe a panini, but once they tasted these Flatout wraps, they became a new favorite.
I’ll definitely be trying more wrap choices for our next beach day. I used some chicken from a leftover rotisserie meal and added lettuce, tomato and mozzarella cheese. Caprese isn’t complete without balsamic vinegar but just a drizzle because you don’t want soggy wraps for lunch!
I’ve tried every Flatout wrap there is but this Protein Up Carb Down is my favorite. It comes in three flavors, Red Pepper, Sea Salt and Pepper or Original.
Add some chips, veggies and fresh fruit and you have a healthy lunch that can be packed up in less than 30 minutes.
That means more time at the beach, score!
Happy summer guys.
This post was sponsored by Flatout Bread. All thoughts and opinion are always my own!
Chicken Pesto Caprese Wraps
- 2 Flatout Protein Up Carb Down Wraps
- 4 tablespoons ready made pesto
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Mozzarella cheese cut int thin wedges
- 2 slices tomato halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Lay the Flatout wraps on your work surface and spread each one with 2 tablespoons of the pesto.
- Divide the lettuce between them and place in the center of the wrap.
- Place the chicken on top of the lettuce followed by some of the mozzarella.
- Add two half pieces of the tomato and drizzle each wrap with one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Fold in both ends of the wrap and at the same time start to roll it away from you forming a tight cylinder shape.
- Slice the wrap into three pieces and pack in a plastic container.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.