Rich and buttery Potted Shrimp with fresh chopped rosemary. Take this on a picnic and slather it on some crusty bread for maximum extravagance.
Summer is almost gone but there’s always time to squeeze in one last trip to the beach, right?
Of course there is! Living so close to it makes things even easier. We recently bought some paddleboards and the kids love them. So, we threw the boards onto the roof of the car and headed for a final beach day before school starts in a few weeks.
The place we usually visit is a really calm bay, so no waves or choppy water like the ocean. I remember seeing one guy in Hawaii taking his paddleboard out into the ocean and paddling out until I couldn’t see him any more. That guy might still be going for all I know!
All that exercise will inevitably end up making everyone super hungry, and when I pack food for a beach day, it’s always picnic style.
It just makes things so much easier when you don’t have to make a bunch of sandwiches or toss salads. I’m all about charcuterie style because where there’s meat and cheese, usually there’s wine!
This time was no different because I took along some handy Bota Box Mini’s to sip on.
Usually for a larger crowd I’d open a full-size Bota Box, which holds the same amount as four bottles of wine, but the Bota Mini’s hold three glasses of wine and take up almost zero space!
Bota Box has been leading the revolution in adventure wines and their eco-friendly packaging makes it easy to have wine on the go. Whether you’re hiking, cycling, or just kicking back at the beach, Bota Box is what you need beside you.
To go with my already awesome picnic, I made a simple Potted Shrimp Spread. It’s just butter that you clarify and then add shrimp, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. Once the butter sets, it becomes a really indulgent buttery spread that goes great with Bota Box’s Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay Mini’s.
This is where I become a butter snob, because if you’re about to eat that much pure butter it has to be really good. Treat yourself to some European or Irish butter; it’s a little more expensive but totally worth it!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bota Box Wine. All text and opinions are always my own!
Rosemary Potted Shrimp and a Beach Picnic
- 8 ounces high quality butter
- 1 cup cooked shrimp chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Bota Box Pinot Grigio
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Place the butter in a small pan or pot and melt over a low heat.
- Do not stir the butter because you want the whey to separate and sink to the bottom.
- Place the chopped shrimp in a bowl and add the rosemary and wine and toss gently to coat the shrimp.
- Season with salt and black pepper and transfer the shrimp to any small portable glass container like a mason jar. Fill it up to about an inch below the top.
- Once the butter has melted, use a ladle to carefully skim the pure butter from the surface and transfer it to the jar with the shrimp.
- Pour the pure butter into the jar until it floods the shrimp and reaches just below the top of the jar.
- Let cool and then seal with a id and store in the refrigerator until the butter sets.
- Let the spread come to room temperature but not melted, before serving and spreading on some crackers or crusty bread.