This Pomodoro Pasta Salad is loaded with flavor! Chunks of roasted garlic, olives, cherry tomatoes and fresh Parmesan make this easy salad a pot-luck party winner!
If I had to name one ingredient which is always in my pantry, it would be pasta. Many times a bag of penne has saved me from making a last minute trip to the store in search of something for dinner. So making this roasted garlic Pomodoro Pasta salad was an easy decision.
Whether it’s served hot or cold, or if you’re like my kids and like to snack on it raw (say what?) pasta is a great way to create an easy and filling meal with very little extra ingredients needed. It’s fast to cook, it doubles in volume so it can feed these guys for days and it’s cheap! I paid 99 cents for a 1 pound bag…awesome.
Pomodoro Pasta Salad is an Italian dish primarily made with tomatoes. This cold salad version is one that I used to make often at work and was always one of my favorites. It’s packed with roasted garlic cloves and if you’ve never tried garlic like this, then add it to your foodie bucket list! The garlic becomes sweet and chewy and tastes nothing like how it tastes in its raw form. Be warned though, roasting garlic will stink your house out for days…in a very very nice way.
Here are some other amazing pasta salad recipes!
Roasted Garlic Pomodoro Pasta Salad
- 1 whole garlic bulb halved in two
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces penne pasta about 2 1/2 cups dry
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 leaves basil fresh
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Make the Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the two halves of garlic bulb onto a baking tray and drizzle the olive oil over them.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until the garlic starts to turn golden brown and softens. let cool
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the pack. Rinse with cold water after it's cooked, drain and let cool.
- In a blender combine, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and blend again on high speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Once the garlic is cool squeeze the cloves out from the bulb and roughly chop.
- Add the roasted cloves, kalamata olives, tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, chopped garlic cloves and Parmesan to the cool pasta.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss well to combine. Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Add more dressing if desired or store the extra in the refrigerator for another day.
- Serve at once or keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.