These Pumpkin Nutella Bars have the same consistency as a moist pumpkin bread, but with ribbons of creamy Nutella chocolate swirled through the batter! These won’t hang around long after you make them.
It’s here, pumpkin world is in full swing! There’s no holding back. You’re either all-in or on an island with zero internet to avoid it. Ack, no internet!
Already I’ve seen some amazing pumpkin recipes like these. Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler and Starbucks copycat Pumpkin Spice Scones are just two reasons why I love fall food. If you’re looking for more reasons, because you should be, try making these Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bars. They have all the texture and look of a really awesome pumpkin bread, but with heavy swirls of that rich Nutella chocolate that we all go crazy over.
reasons to make these Nutella pumpkin bars
- These are perfect for eating with a frothy latte at breakfast, or if you’re like me and drink coffee at any hour you can eat them all day long.
- They’re great for feeding a crowd, so brunch or birthday’s, these will help satisfy everyone.
- Easy to make!
- Loaded with that famous yummy Nutella flavor
are these pumpkin bars just like cake?
They’re a little more dense because there’s so much Nutella ribboned through the batter.
how long will they stay fresh?
I’d recommend keeping them for 2-3 days sealed in a plastic container or covered with plastic wrap.
what is Nutella?
Nutella is a type of sweet chocolate hazelnut spread. I t can be used for lots of things such as a dip for fresh fruit, spread on toast, added to baking or just eaten straight from the jar with a spoon!
can I half this recipe?
Yes you can, just use the slider tool on the recipe card to adjust the quantities of ingredients and use an 8 x 8 baking pan.
more fall desserts
Pumpkin Nutella Chocolate Swirl Bars
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ sticks butter softened
- 2 ⅓ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cups Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and pie spice.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined, scraping down the bowl after each one.
- Add the pumpkin and mix through well on medium speed.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until it’s all mixed in well with no lumps.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread out with a spatula.
- Take the Nutella and warm it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Randomly drop spoonfuls of the Nutella on top of the batter and swirl it through the mix with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the bars rest for an hour before slicing them. The chocolate all still be slightly soft.