A delicious cheesy appetizer perfect for game day! Potato Wedges covered with Cabot cheese and pepperoni slices!
This post is sponsored by Cabot Cheese.
As we start a new year, the flood of food holidays come with it. This excites me because it means that I’m busy and I get to think up all sorts of tasty and sometimes outrageous recipes to make!
These Potato Wedges would probably fall into the latter category, but I think they’re perfect for late January because we all know that means it’s game day!! That time when people build stadiums made from sandwiches and dips as deep as swimming pools.
I’m taking things in a slightly different direction, but still easy to make with minimal fuss and almost zero clean up. Thick potato wedges tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano are roasted in a super hot oven until slightly crispy on the outside but still tender on the inside. You could stop right here with some ketchup and ranch, your friends would still be happy.
But we can do sooooo much better, I promise. Take those crispy potato wedges and cover them with a blanket of Cabot’s Seriously Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese. Add some pepperoni circles and throw the whole thing in the oven until the cheese becomes melted and gooey! Serve with some warm marinara sauce to keep with the pizza theme and I guarantee that the plate will be one of the first to become empty! Another great thing, the potato wedges can be made a few hours ahead and then you can assemble the finishing dish just before the game starts because isn’t it always true that the host of a party is always stuck in the kitchen?
Cabot is owned by 1100 farm families, and the high-quality milk that comes from these farms is what gives Cabot cheese its award-winning taste. With a huge list of cheese to choose from, as well as yogurt and other dairy products you’ll always find something you’ll love to cook with. Feel free to switch the cheese up in this recipe but the sharp cheddar and pepper jack combo was a winner for me.
A little bit salty but with a spicy kick! Perfect.
Pizza Style Potato Wedges with Marinara Sauce-
- 5 large russet potatoes washed but not peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz Cabot Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 4 oz Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 6 oz pepperoni sliced
- 1 marinara sauce jar of your favorite
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice each potato in half lengthways and then slice again into wedges, about 8 per potato and transfer the wedges to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper to the potato wedges and toss making sure to completely coat all of the wedges.
- Lay the wedges out on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, you’ll probably need two pans.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, turning them over at the 30-minute mark.
- Once the wedges are cooked transfer them to an oven safe dish and cover with both grated cheeses.
- Top with pepperoni and place back in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is all melted.
- Serve at once with a side of marinara sauce and fresh basil.
May or may not make a tray of these for just me…
There’s no way I could just eat one or two of these! Perfect for game day.
Well these are so fun and kid friendly!