Soft baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies stuffed with a square of dark chocolate and topped with a sprinkle of sea salt!
The whole peanut butter chocolate flavor combination has been around forever, and I hope life stays that way! These cookies are so easy to make and if you visit Starbucks as often as I do, you might recognize these as almost the same cookies they have for sale. Personally, I think mine are a teeny bit better, just because of the awesome Lindt chocolate inside them and a light sprinkle of sea salt.
I have this thing about recreating Starbucks bakery items, like these Speculoos Cookie Butter Bars, and this rich Double Chocolate Loaf Cake. What is wrong with me?? But these cookies are everything, especially when they’re still warm and the chocolate is completely melted. Things can get messy but it’s so worth it.
And if you can’t finish a dozen fresh baked warm cookies (what do you mean no way?) you can easily get that melted freshness back by throwing them in a warm oven for five minutes.
ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Reg sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
Like all good warm cookies, serve these with a glass of ice cold milk or a creamy vanilla latte. You can use any chocolate you like but the purer the chocolate is, the better it’ll melt. That’s why I used Lindt which doesn’t get goopy and tastes amazing! I think I need to try a white chocolate version and maybe stuff a snickerdoodle cookie or an oatmeal raisin.
I really don’t think there’s much chance of a bad baking result if you stuff chocolate inside a cookie, right?
more cookie recipes you’ll love
Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter smooth
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 3.5oz chocolate bars cut into even sized 1 inch squares
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer cream the peanut butter and butter.
- Add both sugars and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the flour and baking soda on low speed until the mixture starts to form a dough.
- take a piece of the cookie dough and roll it into a ball about 2 inches tall.
- Place it in the palm of one hand and press it into a circle about the size of your palm.
- Place a piece of chocolate in the center of the dough and fold the insides of the dough into the center to cover the chocolate.
- Turn the dough over making sure the chocolate is well sealed.
- Place each cookie ball on the pan, you may have to bake them in batches.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, I like mine on the underdone side but they do firm up as they cool.
- Sprinkle lightly with some sea salt if desired and serve warm.
Can’t wait to make this. My family will love this.
Oooh, that salty and sweet combo though!!!
You’re speaking my language! Cookies, peanut butter AND chocolate—nothing better!!!
I cannot wait to make these… and probably eat them all myself!!!
I totally am adding these to the top of the must make list for the weekend!
Ah-mazing. And it combines my favourite flavours!
This is such a classic flavour combo but that sea salt really elevates it! These cookies are awesome!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate are meant for each other.
seriously can’t go wrong with that combo!
I love these cookie, the melted chocolate center is everything!
This cookie has it all! The salt, the secret chocolate and peanut butter… swoon!
I already have soft spot for PB cookies. Stuffing them with chocolate makes them even better!
Your blog is great. I read a lot of interesting things from it. Thank you very much for sharing. Hope you will update more news in the future.
I like these Speculoos Cookie Butter Bars, and this rich Double Chocolate Loaf Cake.
Oh, the cake is delicious, thank you for sharing the way.
The cake is delicious, I also love to eat this cake.