There’s nothing screams summer and outside grilling like making a big, juicy burger. Whether you cook it over charcoal or gas you can make your own burgers with every type of topping you can imagine- yes even peanut butter! Don’t forget to read through this whole post and enter an epic giveaway to win this brand new top of the line Broil King grill!
If you need inspiration to kick start the burger maker in you, look no further than Burger Week hosted by my friends from Nosh On It. The Nosher’s have enlisted a group of bloggers, including myself to make our tastiest, wackiest burgers and serve them up to you, unfortunately not in real life…booo! but on your screen. We’d love for you to try them so take a look at the burger week recipes page every day this week to see some of the tastiest burger creations on the planet, including this Peanut Butter Burger with Strawberry Relish or visit our Pinterest board!
If you read the title of my recipe and had second thoughts, that’s okay. I did too when I heard about peanut butter burgers. But after some Google work I found that they’re really popular. Most of them include bacon which is a no-brainer because bacon and peanut butter have always been besties, but I wanted to get some kind of jelly connection in my burger without just spreading plain old strawberry jelly on the bun. That’s when I came up with the idea to make a strawberry and red onion balsamic relish. For me this was the deal sealer, it went perfectly with the burger, peanut butter and melted fontina cheese. This could be in my top five favorite burgers!
Do you want to become a grilling pro? Need a new grill? #BurgerWeek sponsor Broil King wants to give you the chance to win one of their high-performance gas grills (a $549+tax value) plus burger grilling accessories to use in your home!
Made entirely in North America, every one of Broil King’s gas grills are made of the highest-quality materials and engineering that allows you the versatility to sear the perfect burger or steak, roast chicken or vegetables, or even bake a dessert right on the grill. Their grills are already in more Canadian backyards than any other brand and they’re available in the U.S. at Lowe’s and many other retailers! To enter to win your own Broil King grill, just click on the banner below.
Check out today’s burger creations from my burger buds!
Peanut Butter Burger and Strawberry RelishPrint
- For The Strawberry Relish:
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- For The Burger:
- 4 brioche or hamburger buns
- 4 hamburger patties see notes
- 8 slices of bacon cooked
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- 4 slices of fontina cheese
- Heat the sliced onions and olive oil in a pan until they soften.
- Add the rest of the relish ingredients to the pan and cook over a low heat for 50 minutes and the mixture becomes sticky and thick.
- While the relish is reducing cook the bacon until slightly crispy.
- About 10 minutes before the relish is complete, heat your grill to high and cook the burgers, about 3 minutes on each side or longer if you prefer well done.
- Slice the buns in half and spread the bottom halves with the peanut butter.
- Place the burger on top and then a slice of cheese.
- Spoon some of the relish on top of the cheese and then place two slices of bacon followed by the top part of the bun.
You could make your own hamburger patties or just buy pre-formed ones if you have a good meat department or butcher to buy from. This saves a lot of time.