Juicy Honey mustard chicken thighs baked in the oven and served with fresh vegetables.
Honey and mustard and chicken!
These three ingredients were born to be together I tell you, so simple but this is the type of meal you can make for dinner and be guaranteed to get happy results, even from the kids! And that mustard spiciness is totally balanced out by the sweetness of the honey, so no surprises there. Make sure you use stoneground mustard, the one with all of the seeds and definitely not the yellow mustard you’d slap on your hot dog! I used this one but any stoneground mustard will work.
Apart from loving this honey mustard chicken recipe and the flavor, you end up getting from it, I have to scream about how easy it is to make. You can prep ahead so it’s ready to throw in the oven, but it’s just a matter of mixing the honey and the mustard together and then brushing it all over the chicken thighs. Chuck it in the oven and 25 minutes later you’re done!
Best Chicken for your Honey Mustard Chicken
Feel free to use chicken breasts but they tend to dry out more and the thighs are much tastier in my opinion. For years I was anti-chicken thighs just because they don’t come as lean as the breast, but after making this quinoa veggie salad with pesto and my favorite Bahn mi chicken bowls I’m totally converted to thighs! I always try to cut as much skin from them before cooking with them.
You’ll give these thighs a quick sear in a hot pan before adding the honey mustard glaze. It’s always a good idea to sear any meat before it goes in the oven and create a seal for all of those juicy flavors that will get locked in as they roast.
What should I serve my honey mustard chicken with?
Make sure to spoon some of the mustard sauce over the chicken before you serve it, ideally with your favorite green veggies and a dollop of creamy mashed potatoes. Rice, quinoa or lentils would also be a delicious choice as a side dish or just one of your favorite salads!
If you love easy chicken recipes try these and add them to your weekly menu rotation!
- Light Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken Cheesesteak Baked Ziti
- Easy Whole Roasted Chicken
- Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan
Oven Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp stoneground mustard
- 4 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a heavy oven safe pan, heat the olive oil until hot.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper making sure to tuck the tail ends in below the thigh meat.
- Place the thighs into the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Whisk together the mustard and honey.
- Brush the chicken generously with the honey mustard.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes and the chicken is nice and golden on top.
- Serve at once with fresh vegetables.