A juicy Monte Cristo Burger topped with smoked ham, blueberry jam and melted Arla Muenster Cheese.
Being a stay-at-home dad, I know exactly how frantic things can get after school. It’s so easy to just head for a local take out place and try to get back on track for homework and baths! But making your own burgers at home really isn’t that difficult any more, even a Monte Cristo!
I’ve seen some quality burger patties for sale and even the french fries can be baked in the oven. Everything can be customized way easier than screaming into the drive-thru microphone, am I right?
One thing that isn’t optional for my family and I is cheese. It has to taste good and melt like a boss just like Arla® Cheese Slices.
The farm-to-fridge cheese is made from fresh milk provided by Arla’s farmers so the sources are all well known and monitored. Especially if it’s this amazing Monte Cristo Burger with blueberry jam, smoked ham and melted Arla Muenster sliced cheese!
I always remember having a Monte Cristo sandwich at Disneyland and loving the sweet and savory tastes you get in every bite. This juicy burger is just like the famous sandwich only not deep fried and covered in powdered sugar.
I’m pretty sure once you try a Monte Cristo Burger, it’ll become one of your favorites!
Not many people might think that blueberry jam would taste good on a burger, but along with the smoked ham and caramelized red onion, this is a burger that will blow your mind! A fried egg on top is optional but I beg you to try it.
Let’s just call this the ultimate burger and be done!
This is a sponsored post for Arla Sliced Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
*Made with milk from cows not treated with rBST. No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST-treated cows.
Monte Cristo Burger with Arla Muenster Sliced Cheese.
- 2 whole beef hamburger patties
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 whole soft burger buns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 4 slices Arla Muenster Sliced Cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam
- 2 thin slices smoked ham
- 1 whole bag frozen fries
- Preheat your grill to high
- Bake the french fries as per the directions on the package. Season the beef patties with some salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan and add the sliced red onion. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Turn the heat to low.
- Place your burgers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes each side for medium depending on the thickness.
- Place your burgers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes each side for medium depending on the thickness. About 1 minute before you take the burgers off the grill, add the cheese on top and let the muenster melt with the heat of the burger.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest. Toast each side of the buns on the grill quickly and then spread some of the blueberry jam on the bottom half of the buns.Add the burger patty and then a slice of ham.
- Spoon some of the red onion on top of the ham and finish with another dollop of jam. Serve with the oven baked french fries.