Some might say this should have been a post for Valentine’s Day. But I say we should eat dark chocolate and shower each other in kisses everyday!
This has basically been my ritual since February 14 and now I’m worried because I’ve burned through all of my See’s Candy dark chocolate. People always say how they could never work in certain places because they’d constantly eat the food, but I’d seriously be lucky to last a day working for See’s Candy. You’d find me in the restroom choking back globs of Raspberry Creams and Scotchmallows. Man, those chocolates are sooo good!
These rich little chocolate pots sprinkled with sea salt should help buy me some time until my birthday comes around, where someone…anyone can buy me some more See’s. This could be, but is not limited to my wife, I know she reads my posts. Chocolate pots are so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t made them before now. Of course the main ingredient is chocolate so don’t skimp on that part, but also don’t go to high on the percentage, 60-72% will be fine. Did you know that the higher the percent isn’t an indicator of the quality of the chocolate, just how sweet it’s going to be. The lower the percent, the sweeter the chocolate. The real quality comes from the bean and how it’s been treated and produced. This is a make ahead dessert which is always a magical thing if you’re busy in the kitchen, just be sure to bring the pots to room temperature before serving.
Mini Salted Dark Chocolate Pots
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7 oz good quality chocolate
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse Sea Salt for garnishing
- For ramekin size see notes below.
- Heat the cream in a heavy pan until you see bubbles around the sides of the pan. Do not boil.
- Add the chocolate (in pieces) to the hot cream and gently whisk until mixed through and lump free.
- Whisk in the egg yolks.
- Finally add the butter and whisk until melted and the chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Spoon the mixture into your ramekins and gently tap them on the worktop to get rid of any bubbles.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Sprinkle each pot with sea salt before serving at room temperature.
Let the chocolate pots sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve just as they are or dip your favorite biscotti or cookie in them. From Jamie Oliver