When it’s time for back-to-school, planning lunches shouldn’t be stressful! These easy Chicken and Southwestern Style Pinto Bean Taquitos are tasty and fit nicely into a lunchbox.
This post is sponsored by BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are my own.
I can’t believe the summer has (almost) already passed by, even though I say the same statement every year around the end of August! They say time flies when you’re having fun so by using that philosophy, I guess we had an epic summer!
But I won’t deny that getting back into a routine for the family and especially the kids, makes me happy. Summer is hard work and as a parent you have to do an insane amount of juggling with time and planning. So it’s onward to a new grade, new friends and more awesome memories!
I try to make our school morning routine go smoothly and that means pre-planning school lunches. I’ve often been at a loss as to what to put in the kids’ lunch boxes. I check all of the boxes like protein, fruit and a small treat so when I had some tasty taquitos recently, I knew they’d be great for school lunch.
I filled my taquitos with a simple mixture of shredded chicken, grated cheddar cheese and a healthy serving of BUSH’S Southwestern Style Pinto Beans™ which are perfect because they come fully seasoned and in a rich flavorful sauce. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t make extra for my own lunch because these were really good along with the salsa and guacamole for dipping. They’re the perfect size for most lunch boxes and along with some fresh fruit, veggie and a treat I think I’ve covered all of my bases! They’re also a perfect snack for when the kids come home from school too
Because each taquito is loaded with chicken, cheese and BUSH’S® Beans, I can be pretty sure that my kid won’t come home and immediately dive into the fridge because he never had enough to eat at lunch. Mind you he might be in the fridge looking for the extra taquitos I made for myself!
BUSH’S® Beans have been producing beans for over 100 years, so they know beans more than anyone. And with so many flavors to choose from you’re guaranteed to find a favorite!
Let’s have an awesome school year everyone!!
Lunchbox Taquitos with Chicken and Southwestern Style Pinto Beans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 (6) inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 (15.4oz) can BUSH'S Beans Southwestern Style Pinto Beans™
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Lay a tortilla flat on your work surface and place about 2 tbsp of shredded chicken in a line on the closest side of the tortilla to you.
- Add 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the chicken followed by about 2 tbsp of beans.
- Begin to roll the tortilla tightly into a tube and place seam down into the hot oil.
- Cook the taquitos for about a minute before turning them to make sure all sides are browned.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.