This deconstructed style burrito bowl has tasty Italian meatballs as the star protein!
As another summer goes into the family history books, I feel like I’m waiting on the calm before the storm and I’m not talking about the weather! Now that the kids are back in school and don’t have all day to complete their objectives, time is precious with after school activities and a heavy school workload on the agenda.
And that means myself and all of my parent friends who can relate to this, have to be super smart and efficient when we are planning dinner or after school snacks. It’s definitely way too easy to start thinking about dinner on the way home from work and stuck in traffic. The last place you want to visit is the store and wander around trying to come up with something, anything that resembles a quick and semi-healthy thing we can call dinner.
I try to run a few ideas through my head before I close my eyes the night before and keeping some easy to cook key ingredients in the freezer makes life so much easier. Things like pasta, frozen rice, pre-grilled chicken and meatballs are all great base ingredients and when mixed with a few other fridge or pantry staples, can provide a decent dinner and save you from that trip to the store at 6pm!
It’s those meatballs that I’m focusing on for this easy recipe. While homemade meatballs are not that difficult to make they do take time and that’s what we don’t have! So a great alternative is to use frozen meatballs. Some of the best meatballs I’ve tasted have been frozen!
Rosina Italian Style Meatballs are fully cooked which is a huge plus! I like to give them a few minutes in the microwave and then transfer to a pan with some hot olive oil, just to get the outsides a little crispy. You can skip this part if you like but my kids love them this way, and with nine different varieties to choose from I can guarantee you’ll have more than one family favorite.
My meatball burrito bowl is packed with healthy ingredients. Cauliflower rice, lettuce, black beans, tomato and avocado and of course Rosina Angus Meatballs made with 100% Angus beef!
Serve this deconstrucetd burrito bowl with some red enchilada sauce on the side along with your favorite chips and salsa! I’m all for keeping weeknight dinners easy and I think this is perfect!
You can use this handy locator to find Rosina Meatballs for sale in your area!
Loaded Meatball Burrito Bowl
- 1 20oz bag Rosina Angus Beef Meatballs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15oz can black beans drained
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 12oz bag mixed greens
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced
- enchilada sauce
- fresh cilantro
- Warm the meatballs as per the directions on the package and then transfer to a pan with the olive oil.
- Cook the meatballs on low as you prepare the rest of the bowl ingredients.
- Place the drained black beans into a microwave safe bowl and heat until hot. Set aside.
- Warm the cauliflower rice.
- Begin to build your meatball burrito bowl by placing a layer of the cauliflower rice into a bowl.
- Add some black beans, diced tomato, mixed greens, red pepper slices and sliced avocado.
- Add a generous amount of the cooked Angus Beef Meatballs and top with some hot enchilada sauce and fresh cilantro.
- Serve at once with chips and salsa on the side