Lamb chops with lightly seasoned and served with a greek yogurt and Za’atar spice dip! Eat along with these super simple Flatout chips for an easy and spicy dinner!
Thanksgiving is all about the turkey, right? But I recommend having a rack of lamb available as well, you know it’ll disappear in a hot second!
Cooking lamb and turkey are polar opposites. While the turkey can take hours and hours, these lamb chops might be done in 30 minutes! Or if you’re like me and prefer them on the rare side, they won’t even take that long. Just don’t rush the searing part at the beginning because that’s where you’ll create the awesome crust that’ll help to seal all of the juice inside the meat.
I already knew that the Ancient Grain Flatout Foldit’s make great chips when baked in the oven. All they needed was a drizzle of olive oil and a heavy sprinkle of Za’atar spice. If you haven’t tasted Za’atar, get on it and add it to everything!
The greek yogurt dip is so simple but ridiculously tasty with more Za’atar (surprise) salt and pepper and olive oil.
Add some basmati rice and hummus and you have the perfect meal!
This year The American Lamb Board and Flatout have joined together and donated $12,000 to support Friendsgiving For No Kid Hungry.
Together, the American Lamb Board and Flatout Flatbread will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry for each new Facebook follower, recipe shared or Friendsgiving post that includes #FlatoutLamb and #Friendsgiving. They’re also giving away a number of fun prizes, including an ultimate Holiday Feast to one lucky winner. More information about the campaign, recipes and tips can be found at their CeLAMBrate Friendsgiving page.
Guys, snapping a quick pic of these two items can make a difference this Thanksgiving!
These lamb chops were so juicy and seriously bone sucking good! So give them try this year and watch them vanish!
Let’s get some lamb on the table and show those turkeys it’s not all about them!
This post was sponsored by The American Lamb Board and Flatout Bread. All thoughts and opinions are my own!
Lamb Chops with Za'atar and Olive Oil Dip
- 1/4 CUP greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp Za'atar spice divided
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pack Ancient Grain Flatout Foldit's
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning
- 2 racks lamb chops
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of Za'atar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Cut the Flatout Foldit's in the middle and then cut each side into quarters.
- Place them on a baking tray and drizzle with one tbsp of olive oil and the remaining 1 tbsp of Za'atar.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
- Rub the lamb with the remaining 3 tbs of olive oil and then coat with the Italian seasoning.
- Heat a large pan big enough to hold at least one rack of lamb and warm on high heat.
- Place each rack into the pan and sear on each side for a few minutes until brown. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Transfer the lamb to a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 18-20 for med-rare or if you prefer medium, 25-30 minutes.
- Once the lamb has cooked, let it rest covered with foil before slicing into chops and serving with the Flatout Foldit chips and greek yogurt dip.