Marinated salmon in a Jamaican Jerk sauce, pan seared and served with an easy and healthy farro salad!
Salmon has to be one of my all-time favorite fish. Because it’s so easy to cook, this recipe is perfect for holding up in this Jamaican Jerk flavored sauce from World Harbors Marinades and can be cooked on the grill or baked in the oven.
I can’t wait to bring you some more awesome marinade recipes using some of the other flavors that World Harbors has to offer in the coming months. So keep an eye out for easy summer recipe ideas.
Getting flavor into food is usually done in two ways. You can marinade it and then cook the dish fairly quickly or you can cook the dish slowly for hours in the oven. Either way usually takes a little planning.
Marinating overnight always works best for me to get that flavor really soaked in. Once that part has been taken care of, all you need to do is finish the dish by grilling or searing in a pan.
My kids were convinced this recipe would taste spicy just by smelling it but once it was cooked they loved it. I seared it in a pan over a high heat and then finished cooking it in the oven. It took about eight minutes to cook and eight seconds for them to eat it!
The spice flavor is there but not overwhelming and definitely not on a high heat level. The salmon soaked up all of that flavor and tasted slightly sweet and caramelized which went great with the grilled pineapple in the farro salad.
I even convinced them to try the farro salad.
I scored a few extra yum points for that and it was made using a bunch of ingredients I already had in the fridge.
Except for the pineapple chunks which I grilled to get that extra sweet island taste.
I highly recommend eating this dish with your feet in the sand, on a beach in the middle of the Caribbean. If you can’t swing that, the backyard will do just fine.
Check out this coupon for your own World Harbors Marinade and get your own recipe ideas
This was a sponsored post for World Harbors Marinades. All thoughts and opinions are always my own, but I love to share stuff that I use in my own kitchen with you!
Jamaican Jerk Marinated Salmon with Farro Salad
- 4 medium size salmon filets
- 1 cup World Harbors Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For The Farro Salad
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 1/2 cups diced grilled fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili about 1 finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the salmon in a flat baking dish and cover with the marinade.
- Make sure the salmon is well coated, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least three hours or overnight.
- Cook the farro as per the instructions on the package, drain and let cool in a bowl.
- Add the pineapple, diced pepper, thyme, chili and onion and toss together.
- Taste the salad and season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a oven-safe pan, heat the canola oil until hot.
- Add the salmon and sear on one side for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the salmon over and sear for another minute, then place the pan into the oven to finish cooking.
- Roast the salmon for about 7 minutes making sure it's completely cooked all the way through.
- Place some farro salad on a plate and top with crumbled feta.
- Add a salmon filet to the plate and serve at once.