Summer is still hanging around! You still have time for these refreshing protein drinks with fresh mint and crushed ice!
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein.
All is not lost weatherwise when September rolls around, it’s still a nice 80 degrees here in Southern California. And even when I’m seeing pumpkin spice latte’s on chalkboards everywhere, I just kinda want something refreshing and simple to quench my thirst.
These Clear Protein Drinks from Premier Protein are perfect for doing exactly that! With only 90 calories per bottle, zero sugar and no artificial flavors, they’re definitely a better choice to have in my fridge than regular juice which can be loaded with sugar.
They’re also a handy addition to have as post-workout replenishment with 20 grams of protein in one serving.
Premier Protein might be familiar to you on Foodness Gracious, I’ve created other recipes for them, but using their smoothies and shakes, like this Cookies and Cream Coffee Cake and Watermelon and Strawberry Chia Smoothie.
But this post took a little more thought as to what I was going to do with the clear drinks, almost to the point that I was overthinking it.
These drinks don’t need to be messed with, they’re already loaded and ready to go, to be enjoyed like they’re supposed to be. I’m not a soda drinker but I do like iced tea and after having tea with fresh mint recently I knew that these clear protein drinks would be a great match.
The protein drinks come in four flavors, orange mango, raspberry, tropical punch, and peach. Any of these flavors would taste fantastic with mint.
Pack a tall glass with crushed ice and tear your mint into pieces, add your favorite clear protein drink flavor and you’re set. You can either grab a hammock or just slow down and refresh for the rest of your busy day!
If mint isn’t your favorite flavor, try using these fresh ingredients below for a creative twist!
- Crushed blackberries- Add 2 tbsp to a raspberry clear drink
- Diced pineapple- Add 1/4 cup with crushed ice to your orange mango clear drink
- Fresh rosemary- Muddle a few sprigs and add to the peach clear drink, top with crushed ice.
- Fresh strawberries- Muddle or slice 1/4 cup strawberries and combine with a tropical punch clear drink.
Premier Protein has generously agreed to supply one lucky winner with an assortment of Clear Protein Drinks! Just leave a comment telling me when these drinks would work perfectly into your daily routine! Giveaway will end September 19th.
Check out these other protein drinks recipes you might like!
Iced Protein Drinks with Fresh Mint
- 16 ounces Clear Protein Drink
- Fresh mint leaves shredded
- Crushed ice
- Fill a tall glass halfway with crushed ice.
- Add some torn mint leaves and fill to the top with more ice.
- Carefully pour in the clear Protein Drink all the way to the top.
- Garnish with more fresh mint and drink at once.