A light and buttery coffee cake flavored with cookies and cream protein shake and topped with crushed Oreo cookies!
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein.
Hands in the air and waving them around like crazy! That’s because I’m excited to begin a new partnership with Premier Protein, a brand delivering good nutrition through shakes, powders, bars and clear drinks. I’ll be sending some amazing recipes your way in the coming months using the whole range of Premier Protein products. So let’s get started!
I’m a huge coffee cake fan and like nothing better than to sit down with a strong espresso and a slice at least once a day! If you had asked me a month ago, what was my favorite, I might have come back with this Honey Streusel Coffee Cake or maybe my Lemon and White Chocolate. But this new Cookies and Cream version might actually put both of those on hold.
The secret…I added Premier Protein’s new Cookies and Cream Protein Shake! I wasn’t sure how the recipe was going to turn out but wow, the flavor is so good. I was always under the impression that protein shakes were either for drinking straight or maybe adding to a smoothie but guys, you can actually cook with them too.
With 30g of protein and only 160 calories per shake, these are perfect for before or after your workouts, though if you’re like me it would be after. I’m usually ravenous after a hard workout these days so a Premier Protein shake would be perfect. But today I’m showing you how easy it is to still receive that protein boost other than just drinking it. It’s all about balance.
Making this easy Cookies and Cream Coffee Cake!
The coffee cake is easy to prepare and would be perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast in bed or brunch! I topped it with crushed Oreo cookies and a thin icing made from powdered sugar and more of the protein shake.
I can’t wait to bring you my other recipes but in the meantime, you can find Premier Protein’s shakes in most big retailers or online here. Check out Premier Protein for more tasty recipes and ideas of how to maintain a balanced lifestyle!
Cookies and Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 12 tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus two tbsp premier Protein cookies and Cream Shake
- 6 Oreo's roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Premier Protein Cookies and Cream Shake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a deep 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Using stand mixer beat the soft butter and sugar until light and airy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and beat, scraping the sides of the bowl down at least once.
- Add the vanilla yogurt and extract and mix
- Pour in the cookie and cream shake and after scraping down the bowl, mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Cover the surface with the crushed Oreo’s
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and then let rest while you make the icing
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and 3 tbsp protein shake until smooth
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and cut into slices.