A classic dessert made with banana pudding mix, fresh bananas and my favorite Nilla wafer cookies. This dessert can be made for all holidays and seasons and is always a true favorite!
I know some people who just can’t face eating bananas, and that’s a shame because how can a person go through life not liking banana cream pudding? There’s something quite indulgent about the silky smooth banana pudding lightened up with heavy cream and those crunchy Nilla wafers, which eventually turn into a sponge-like consistency just making the whole dessert even better.
The dessert is a southern style creation, so there’s no surprise why it’s so good. It’s a simple recipe made by combining instant pudding powder, condensed milk, whole milk and heavy cream. Time will do the rest and the mixture will thicken slightly making serving it easy and mess-free.
FAQ’s about making banana cream pudding
They will eventually, but I think the pudding will be long gone before they have a chance to brown. It’ll take a couple of days and most of the sliced bananas are mixed into the pudding.
You can, just be sure to thaw it under refrigeration for best results.
It will last 3-4 days and must be refrigerated.
You could use any plain vanilla cookie, the smaller the better.
more tasty desserts
Homemade Banana Cream Pudding
- 12 ounce can condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5.1 ounce pack of banana cream instant pudding mix
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 ¾ cups Nilla Wafer cookies, divided
- Whisk together the condensed milk and whole milk until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix and whisk until lump free. Transfer to the fridge to let set for 10 minutes.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the pudding mixture and set aside.
- Place ¾ cup of the cookies into the bottom of a glass 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture on top of the cookies and spread out with a spoon evenly.
- Arrange the sliced banana on top and add another ¼ cup of cookies.
- Spread the remaining pudding mix on top and spread to evenly cover.
- Roughly crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle over the surface of the pudding.
- Serve at once or store in the fridge until ready to eat.