New Year resolutions, where do you stand with them? I have a couple on my mind and I’m determined to stick to them, more exercise and simpler eating. I know, a little boring but if I start to add more and more, then my whole plan will likely fall apart and I’ll end up with a cookie in one hand and a ball of shame in the other…baby steps.
For myself, I’m not talking about a full on diet change. Moderation is important and as a person who cooks everyday with food, the temptation is huge! I’ll definitely be exploring more salad options, I love how you can basically take a salad in almost any form and stuff it in a wrap. It’s easy, fast and you can be in charge of the filling plus you don’t need to clean any plates! Another reason why I love wraps so much is because I have a weird (ask my wife) thing about having to taste all of my food together at the same time.
This wrap is so easy to make into your own style. If you don’t like any of the ingredients I used, go ahead and just switch them out to suit your own taste. The cheese could be mozzarella or grated cheddar, I used turkey bacon which is a little healthier than regular. But don’t skimp on the grilled chicken, that’s what makes this wrap a full on salad. You can grill your own chicken or easily by packs of pre-grilled from the store. And because this is technically still a salad, it wouldn’t be complete without the dressing. My simple mustard vinaigrette can be used as a dip or drizzle it on before you start rolling up that tortilla!
Some more healthy grilled chicken options!
Grilled Chicken Pesto Wraps– Emily Bites
BBQ Chicken Wraps– Real Mom Kitchen
Summer Chicken Wraps– Iowa Girl Eats
Chicken and Quinoa Wrap– Half Baked Harvest
Healthy Grilled Chicken Wrap
- 1 large soft flour tortilla
- 3 slices turkey bacon cooked
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grilled chicken roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of mixed greens or spinach
For The Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients in a small blender and pulsing for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Lay your tortilla flat and add the mixed greens in the middle.
- Add the turkey bacon to the side of the greens.
- Sprinkle your chicken and feta over the greens and drizzle with some of the dressing.
- Take opposite sides of the wrap and tuck them in about 1 inch from the edge.
- Holding the tucked edges with your thumbs, start to roll up the tortilla away from you keeping it tight and together.
- After you've rolled it all the way, let it sit on it's seam to keep it from opening up.
- Serve with extra dressing if desired.