Ground lamb with layers of cheese, tomato, and lettuce fill these tortilla crunchwraps.
This post is sponsored by The American Lamb Board!
I always try to post recipes that I hope you guys will like, it’s a tough job but sometimes there’s one that sticks out to me as a favorite. If you’re familiar with the Cruchwrap Supreme and it’s one of your favorite late night snacks, then this ground lamb copycat version will make you smile big time!
The original contains ground beef and that’s the only difference from my ground lamb filled Crunchwrap. It’s like your favorite taco flavors all stuffed into a pan-fried tortilla with melted cheese. This cannot be a bad thing, right?
ingredients you’ll need for these crunchwraps
- Ground lamb
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
Now my brain is spinning because the ideas for all sorts of fillings is mind-blowing! You could create a breakfast version, Indian, Chinese even a dessert crunchwrap is probably doable! But for now, let’s talk about the lamb! I used American raised ground lamb which supports local farming families and you can be guaranteed that you’re getting the best tasting and freshest lamb available. The carbon footprint is also hugely reduced because the American raised lamb doesn’t’ have to travel anywhere near as far as Australian or New Zealand lamb.
You should be able to find American lamb easily, and it can be another good alternative to chicken or beef. And I haven’t even mentioned the flavor! It’s rich and meaty and it goes well with just about any spice you can think to add.
How to cook the perfect lamb
Ground lamb is easy enough and you can treat it just like any other ground meat. If you’re making lamb chops or a rack of lamb, you can rub them in a mixture of olive oil and freshly chopped rosemary. I prefer to eat my lamb on the rare side so 125 degrees is a good number to aim for, the meat will probably still rise about another 5 degrees after sitting for 5-10 minutes. The larger lamb roasts are usually about 20 minutes per pound for a medium pink center.
Ground Lamb Crunchwrap Supreme
- 1 pound American ground lamb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 6 flour tortillas 10-12 inch
- 6 tostadas
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tomato deseeded and diced
- 1 iceberg lettuce shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and then add the lamb
- Cook the lamb over a medium heat until it starts to crumble and turn brown
- Add the paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, salsa and ketchup and stir well
- Transfer the lamb mixture to a bowl
- Wipe out the pan with some paper towels, this will be the pan you use to brown the crunchwrap
- Lay a tortilla on the table and add about 1/4 cup of the lamb to the center
- Take a tostada and roughly break it up on top of the lamb
- Add some cheese then tomato and lettuce making sure not too overstuff the tortilla
- Start to pull in the sides of the tortilla around the outer edge making sure to seal the insides. It’s okay if a little still can be seen.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and carefully flip the crunchwrap over so that the seam side faces down in the pan
- Heat for about 2-3 minutes then flip it over and repeat on the other side
- I like to place my crunchwrap on a pan and keep it in a warm oven while i make the others
I made this because a neighbor gave us some ground lamb. I wasn’t sure what to think. Fear NOT This was delicious & my guy loved it as well!!
Awesome Ann, it’s a keeper!!
HOLY. These are EVERYTHING!
Oh my goodness! These are fantastic!
What a fun way to serve lamb!
This is brilliant! I can never resist anything with lamb in it, and I love that you made these into grabble sandwich pockets.
Love this alternative to your ‘typical’ Taco Tuesday meal.
You know we love lamb! You should so make the breakfast version! Then deliver to me ?
These beauties are so inviting ! Thank you for the idea !