Cooking pizza on the grill is just as easy as in the oven! Check out my Grilled Pesto Pizza with Creamer potatoes, mushrooms and goat cheese!
Some of my favorite recipes are those that become ready to eat gradually. It can get overwhelming in the kitchen (or at the grill outside now that summer is here) when you’re trying to juggle a handful of tasks and still provide something tasty for the family dinner.
My case in point is proved by cooking with The Little Potato Company and their Creamer potatoes. The Little Potato Company offers fresh Creamer potatoes in bags, Microwave Ready Kits, or the Oven | Grill Ready Kits that I used for this recipe. The kit comes with one pound of fresh Creamer potatoes in a handy foil tray and a separate seasoning pack, so all you need to do is add a quick drizzle of olive oil along with the seasoning and either roast them in the oven or on top of the grill for 30 minutes. Even if cooking is not your favorite thing to do, Little potatoes make dinnertime so easy!
While the Little potatoes cook on the grill, you can prepare whatever else you plan to serve with them for a complete meal in less than an hour! The Little Potato Company’s Oven | Grill Ready Kits (and all of their products actually!) are all about convenience while still maintaining nutrition and awesome flavor. There’s no need to wash or peel the potatoes, because they’re prewashed and have naturally tender skin which tastes delicious – both make them easy to prepare! So what grilled potato recipe did I end up making with my Creamer potatoes?
I created an easy Grilled Potato Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza with Shiitake mushrooms and sliced Onion and Chive Oven | Grill Ready Creamer potatoes. The onion and chive seasoning was the perfect complement with the savory goat cheese. The Oven | Grill Ready Kits are also available in two other flavors, Roasted Red Pepper and Onion and Garlic Herb. The hardest part was trying not to keep popping them in my mouth as I was making the pizza.
Some other reasons to try Creamer potatoes.
- They have a naturally buttery taste and creamy texture, so you don’t need to add or mix in a ton of other ingredients.
- No prep needed because they come pre-washed and are meant to be eaten with the skin on – a major timesaver!
- They’re packed with vitamins and fiber.
- Perfect as a complement to your main dish or just grill some trays up for a simple summer appetizer.
- Little potatoes are naturally gluten and fat free!
- They come in fun colorful varietals to help dress up any meal!You can head to their website to find where to buy them at a store near you and for more potato recipe inspiration.
Grilled Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza with Creamer potatoes
- 1 16oz ball of pizza dough at room temperature
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 package Onion & Chive Oven | Grill Ready Little Potatoes
- 8 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 7 oz pesto
- 2 oz goat cheese
- fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat your grill to a high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the Little potato tray along with half of the seasoning pack. Mix well and place on the grill.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan and sauté the sliced mushrooms for 5 minutes or until soft, set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking roll out your pizza dough until you have a circle approximately 12 inches by 12 inches.
- Open your grill and move the potatoes over to the side.
- Place the pizza dough directly onto the grill and grill until the dough starts to puff up, about 4 minutes.
- Flip the pizza dough over and repeat. The dough should be almost baked at this point.
- Take the dough from the grill and place it on a cutting board. Spread enough pesto over the dough to act like a pizza sauce.
- Slice the grilled potatoes in half and add to the pizza.
- Top with the mushrooms and crumbled goat cheese.
- Finally place the pizza back on the grill and close it to maintain a heat just enough to soften the cheese, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and slice.