If my autocorrect changes bok choy to “boo-toy” one more time, I may be earlier than normal with my 5pm wine alarm. Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl with Boo-Toy just isn’t going to win me any new readers, but if you like bok choy pull up a stool.
This healthy bowl could easily slide itself into my salad category. I ate it hot and cold and both ways tasted wondrous. I’d say hot for dinner and then cold leftovers for lunch the next day would be an acceptable path to follow. I almost went with shrimp instead of chicken but couldn’t find any large enough to satisfy my love for huge shrimp. Am I the only person who could eat shrimp all day long? I love the concept of throwing everything in a bowl though, so I can see a seafood version in the near future, as soon as I find some monster shrimp!
Don’t worry if it looks like you made too much dressing, because you did. Keep it in your fridge and drizzle it over some green leaves for another time. You only need to throw in a little to this bowl so add it gradually. It’s a loosey-goosey type of recipe, you won’t ruin it if you add more or less cashews or use white rice in place of brown so go ahead and switch things up. I won’t get mad, in fact I’ll love you even more for being adventurous.
More awesome grilled chicken bowls for your appetite!
What’s Gaby Cooking- DIY Chipotle Burrito Bowls
Completely Delicious- Chicken Quinoa Bowls
How Sweet It Is- Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls
Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl with Bok Choy
- For The Dressing!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 medium sized chicken breast grilled and cubed
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms larger ones sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, Tamari, honey, pepper flakes, ginger, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Slowly add the sesame oil whisking until the mixture becomes a little thicker. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with any rub you have available and like.
- Grill it over a high heat until fully cooked.
- In a pan heat the olive oil until warm. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes over a medium heat.
- Slice the bottom parts of the bok choy and add to the mushrooms.
- Saute for another 3-4 minutes and the bok choy has wilted a little.
- Place the brown rice in a bowl.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the rice
- Top with the mushrooms and bok choy on one side.
- Dice the chicken into chunks and add to the rice.
- Top with the cashew nuts and fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle some more dressing over the whole bowl.
- Serve at once.